Hackers Bypass Call Of Duty: Ghost's 6 GB Minimum RAM Requirement

qwertywarrior

6GB min is just a shot in the knee.

No need for it on a game with a modded old game engine.

snif... snif...

I smell a console smear campaign.

BTW if they need 6GB on a pc now how do they run on xbox and ps3? :lol:

GB norm depends on the user.

As for a gamer today 3-4GB or 6-8GB will get you where you need your games at.

12-16GB is more a marketing thing unless you plan to use your pc as work station too.

I have dislexia, so feel free to corrdct grammar if you keep it nice.

Looking at the Steam hardware survey it seems about half of users are gaming on PCs with less than 6GB of RAM.

Good job Activision, you're cutting off half of your potential PC customers for no good reason.  I hope your sales reflect that.  Overinflated system requirements aren't going to make people want your game more.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Do they have some sort of a deal with RAM manufactures? it makes no sense otherwise, I would imagine they would want to advertise low minimum system requirements so that more people can buy the game.

6GB minimum? Activision, could you please tell me how this game is running on current consoles?

They only motivation I can see for this is to get the PC gamer base to start asking 'Can it run CoD?' instead of 'Can it run Crysis?' because they know they're losing to several other games on the PC and they want the name to be spread in a more positive way by PC gamers. The problem is, PC gamers aren't stupid. You can't tell us it NEEDS 6GB of RAM to run and not expect us to know that it's a bunch of crap. If that was their intentions, then they failed miserably.

My other thought was that a most low-end gaming PCs today are becoming APUs. Maybe it's 6GB minimum on an APU system?  ~1GB OS, ~2GB game, ~1GB graphics would put it at ~4GB and they don't want the game to crash so increasing it to 6GB to have some cushion room would make more sense of all of this.

My other thought was that a most low-end gaming PCs today are becoming APUs. Maybe it's 6GB minimum on an APU system?  ~1GB OS, ~2GB game, ~1GB graphics would put it at ~4GB and they don't want the game to crash so increasing it to 6GB to have some cushion room would make more sense of all of this.

True

But they sud know thad gaming on a APU is not common at this very moment.

Few years from now maby on things like a steam box.

I have dislexia, so feel free to corrdct grammar if you keep it nice.

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/5093/hackers-bypass-call-of-duty-ghosts-6-gb-minimum-ram-requirement.html

Apparently IW and Activision set hard-lock preventing <6GB PC to not run the game while modders got it to bypass the restriction and running smoothly on 4GB system with Ultra setting!

Marketing gimmick much?

Apparently IW and Activision set hard-lock preventing <6GB PC to not run the game while modders got it to bypass the restriction and running smoothly on 4GB system with Ultra setting!

Marketing gimmick much?

EDIT: Well duplicate, delete/close the thread

I am embbarrased

Most gaming rig have got 8gb +......

No they don't, enthusiast do but a majority of people have less than 6gb of ram.

Lot's of people only have 4gb because it has been fine. Same with 5gb.

Lot's of people still have 4 and 3 gb which is enough for most games.

But along comes CoD and it's needing 6gb otherwise it won't run.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

That NPC jumped games from BF4 to COD Ghost. Jumping/Getting over 2foot walls looks very tacky.

Looks descent but won't write its great. 50Gb space required, loses the physicx to BF4 Levelution real physicx (underway of being patched etc.)

Ram capacity is optimal for most FPS oriented/modern systems but ram frequency is more of a better solution in terms of BF4

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

It only needs 2 GB+1 GB or less for OS. Check task manager.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....