Overclockers UK releases "extreme edition" i7 7700K

6 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Also i don't know what you mean with "you guys" i live in belgium, you know that country with a city called "brussels" and a majority seems to hate :D

I mean you guys have a 21% tax on most goods (I'm pretty sure) so you know how it feels when 1 euro = 1.07 USD :/ 

There was a genuine reason why 2/3 of the parts for my Mini ITX build was bought in Japan...8% vs 20%, I wonder which country is cheaper...

6 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

And if you live in the UK it wouldn't make much sense to get them from america because prices are similar and you can get one locally.

Yep, my point exactly as the chances that if you do import something from America and being slapped by Customs is very high so...

Which brings my next point on, you cannot buy a delidding tool in the UK...more importing...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

8 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I mean you guys have a 21% tax on most goods (I'm pretty sure) so you know how it feels when 1 euro = 1.07 USD :/ 

There was a genuine reason why 2/3 of the parts for my Mini ITX build was bought in Japan...8% vs 20%, I wonder which country is cheaper...

Yep, my point exactly as the chances that if you do import something from America and being slapped by Customs is very high so...

Which brings my next point on, you cannot buy a delidding tool in the UK...more importing...

Wut? you can't? i didn't know that...

But can't you print your own? I thought that there was a design out there that prints a delidder you can use, i can be wrong tho.

Maybe not great for multiple uses but still, if you just need 1 it's a much cheaper option, at least if you can get it printed somewhere or have a 3D printer.

Also, did you go to japan and bought the locally or imported them from there?

At least in belgium you pay import taxes for everything from outside the EU unless it's cheaper than 22 euros.

When it's over 150 euros you pay even more tax crap :/

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

-double post-

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

8 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Yeah because 1.5V seems like a safe voltage to run 24/7 O_o.

Extra voltage shortens the lifespan of any component and tbh i wouldn't be comfortable running a 7700k at 1.5V every day even if temps are fine.

The voltage is mentioned so you know that 56% of their sample size reached their standards, which is at 1.376V, even if you do know the sample size a margin of error is always there. Unless they somehow have 1.2k cpu's tested which is the lowest limit before it's safe to say that the margin of error is so small it's irrelevant.

But 99% seems a bit stupid as well tbh... I mean if every cpu would reach those speeds at the mentioned voltage they wouldn't sell any of them would they?

It says " Vcore 1.32-1.39v load typically 1.35v needed at most." it does not say 1.376v anywhere.

So if an i7 reaches 5GHz with 1.4v then it would not be included in the 56%.

Yes extra voltage shortens lifespan, that's freaking obvious, anyone concerned with their CPU lifespan would not be overclocking it to 1.3v+ anyway.

The people paying $500+ for a binned CPU will be replacing it in a few years anyway when better CPUs are released.

99% is probably an underestimate, you can always pump more voltage through a CPU if it is cool enough and easily get over 5GHz.

The point is that MOST 7700ks do not need a lot of voltage to reach 5GHz like the 6700ks did.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Also, did you go to japan and bought the locally or imported them from there?

Summer holidays, brought em back in my carry on :P 

Ez i5 6400, h110 motherboard, 8GB RAM, SSD, the case for 15%~ less than what I would have had to pay here :) 

UK border control:

From Japan, off you go, we don't need to check you

From China or somewhere else in Asia, open up your bags, we need to check the contents... xD 

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The people paying $500+ for a binned CPU will be replacing it in a few years anyway when better CPUs are released.

I think you missed out my point how £1=$1 technically :P 

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

It says " Vcore 1.32-1.39v load typically 1.35v needed at most." it does not say 1.376v anywhere.

So if an i7 reaches 5GHz with 1.4v then it would not be included in the 56%.

Yes extra voltage shortens lifespan, that's freaking obvious, anyone concerned with their CPU lifespan would not be overclocking it to 1.3v+ anyway.

99% is probably an underestimate, you can always pump more voltage through a CPU if it is cool enough and easily get over 5GHz.

The point is that MOST 7700ks do not need a lot of voltage to reach 5GHz like the 6700ks did.

Ooh you are looking at the UK page! xD

I was talking about the silicon lottery page. They have the numbers i was talking about.

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Summer holidays, brought em back in my carry on :P 

Ez i5 6400, h110 motherboard, 8GB RAM, SSD, the case for 15%~ less than what I would have had to pay here :) 

UK border control:

From Japan, off you go, we don't need to check you

From China or somewhere else in Asia, open up your bags, we need to check the contents... xD 

I think you missed out my point how  £1=$1 technically :P 

Just wondering, how the hell did you get a flippin case back home?

Motherboard, cpu, ram, k that's not big, but my god a damn case how do you do that? xD

Nice discount btw, i sadly haven't seen much of the world so i have no idea how prices are... But i'm not exactly old either so who knows.

No idea how border stuff is in belgium tbh, i guess similar :D

Just now, samcool55 said:

Just wondering, how the hell did you get a flippin case back home?

Motherboard, cpu, ram, k that's not big, but my god a damn case how do you do that? xD

Lian Li PC-Q21, fits in my bag with room to spare :P (like if I built meself a 15.6 inch portable monitor, I can have a PC anywhere...)

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Nice discount btw, i sadly haven't seen much of the world so i have no idea how prices are... But i'm not exactly old either so who knows.

Been travelling between 3 Countries since I was 3 years old so ermmmm...I guess I have kinda seen the world? 

19 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Wut? you can't? i didn't know that...

Not anymore, you can now preorder a delidding tool :D 

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/der8auer-delid-die-mate-2-hs-003-dr.html

Literally just came out today....hmmmm, looks like it's now def overpriced.

On 20-1-2017 at 6:56 PM, Mr.Meerkat said:

Not anymore, you can now preorder a delidding tool :D 

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/der8auer-delid-die-mate-2-hs-003-dr.html

Literally just came out today....hmmmm, looks like it's now def overpriced.

Oh nice, seems like caseking is also expecting a shipment of them :P

https://www.caseking.de/der8auer-delid-die-mate-2-fsd8-019.html

So when the UK is no longer an official part of the EU, doesn't matter! :D

And the price of them is actually not bad, if i had a use for them i would get one, but i don't.

Using the same 1 hour RealBench test that Silicon Lottery uses.  I delided prior to these results.

5.3 GHz CPU, 5 GHz cache, 32 GB of 3200 c14 memory.  Full water loop.

The chip cost me $329.99 from my local Micro Center.   :D

Untitled12.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled1.jpg