I Don't Know What Monitor to Get

AFlyingBuffalo

I want to upgrade from my cheapo 1080p monitor, but I just don't know what I should get, higher resolution, or a faster display, or what. I have a GTX 1070 and don't do much colour work (just a little using InDesign as a hobby), and I frequently play FPS games (Overwatch, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, etc). I have a budget of 500 CAD after shipping and Manitoba taxes. I've been looking at the Asus PB277Q, and the Asus MG248Q. Not sure if those are terribly great monitors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

the PB277Q is pretty good (i suggest the PB278Q).

the MG248Q is a freesync monitor, you can't use freesync on a 1070, or any Nvidia card. 

i have the BenQ GW2765 and it is a great monitor. 1440p 60hz IPS (a 1070 can do 1440p just fine) 

5 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

the PB277Q is pretty good (i suggest the PB278Q).

the MG248Q is a freesync monitor, you can't use freesync on a 1070, or any Nvidia card. 

i have the BenQ GW2765 and it is a great monitor. 1440p 60hz IPS (a 1070 can do 1440p just fine) 

the PB278Q is 200-300 out of my price range unfortunately. I'll check out the GW2765, does that monitor have any sort of ghosting? From what I've seen that's an issue on cheaper IPS panels (I'm not even sure though).

5 minutes ago, Dogeystyle said:

Dell U2515H? Right in your budget and professional-grade.

Wow that's a really nice looking display, it's just a little too expensive for me.

3 minutes ago, AFlyingBuffalo said:

the PB278Q is 200-300 out of my price range unfortunately. I'll check out the GW2765, does that monitor have any sort of ghosting? From what I've seen that's an issue on cheaper IPS panels (I'm not even sure though).

the Dell U2515H the guy above posted is good as well. Dell makes some really nice monitors

none, as far as i'm aware. if you like there is a indepth review of it here http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_gw2765ht.htm 

also look more in that website as they review tons of monitors