Good 1440px2560p monitor for 1070

jamesfindlay3

HI I'm looking for a good monitor with 1440p resolution that's cheap (ish) 500 dollars max, with an ips panel yet good gaming visuals. Also I reall like the look of the dell u2414h ( my old monitor) this :  https://s3.amazonaws.com/urgeio-versus/dell-u2414h/front/front-1397139861695.variety.jpg and i would like something similar in looks. Thanks a lot!

The Dell UltraSharp U2715H. there is also the U2515H, the 25-inch version. 

In addition I use a BenQ GW2765 and it's glorious to game on. it's only 60hz though, and overclocking it has spectacularly failed. 

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

Would you be open to 4k?

I would love to go 4k but i don't think I yet have the budget for that at the moment i am still considering going 1060 and 1080p depending on budget.

Just now, jamesfindlay3 said:

I would love to go 4k but i don't think I yet have the budget for that at the moment i am still considering going 1060 and 1080p depending on budget.

Well you can get a good 4k monitor for $350 or so, and use the rest to get a 1070 instead of a 1060, plus 4k tends to better split into 1080p than 1440p.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Or if you do not mind not being able to use Freesync, the Asus MG279Q. it is a 1440p 144hz IPS freesync monitor 

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

The Dell UltraSharp U2715H. there is also the U2515H, the 25-inch version. 

In addition I use a BenQ GW2765 and it's glorious to game on. it's only 60hz though, and overclocking it has spectacularly failed. 

The hz doesn't matter too much as long as its 60 or more. Unless you think it makes a big difference. Thanks a lot though ill have a look at benq

Just now, Technicolors said:

Or if you do not mind not being able to use Freesync, the Asus MG279Q. it is a 1440p 144hz IPS freesync monitor 

Yeah i could go with this and get an amd card instead

1 minute ago, jamesfindlay3 said:

The hz doesn't matter too much as long as its 60 or more. Unless you think it makes a big difference. Thanks a lot though ill have a look at benq

having a higher hertz monitor (100 hz, 144hz, etc.) is mostly for competitive gaming such as CSGO or Overwatch. but merely exploring the desktop is much smoother than 60hz. single player or casual games is a treat too, though it depends on the game and the settings you're using, as well as your overall setup. 

3 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

having a higher hertz monitor (100 hz, 144hz, etc.) is mostly for competitive gaming such as CSGO or Overwatch. but merely exploring the desktop is much smoother than 60hz. single player or casual games is a treat too, though it depends on the game and the settings you're using, as well as your overall setup. 

Hmmm i didn't think about that, if my budget allows it I might go for that, even if it's 1080p and a 1060, the only problem is i haven't yet found a 1080p 60+ hz ips monitor, i may make a new topic asking about that. Anyway i'ts something to consider, thanks a lot.