Receive UDP without port forwarding

I am developing a game an the game requires heavily on multiplayer. I want to know how to send a packet to a server(which can be port forwarded) and have the client receive a response without requiring the player to port forward.

In theory session started by client should open port and there should be no problems, ofc if port isn't blocked by firewall.

For something more complex such as player to player communication "hole punching" can be used http://www.brynosaurus.com/pub/net/p2pnat/

besides you're two other posts on the same topic, what sort of game/multiplayer is it? A text based game would be vastly different to a FPs

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

17 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

besides you're two other posts on the same topic, what sort of game/multiplayer is it? A text based game would be vastly different to a FPs

sorry bout the two other post just wanted a response and I did some more research while waiting. mostly numerical data like player health player positions and other player and world data.

15 hours ago, Pinguinsan said:

What platform (Unix sockets/WIN32 sockets) and what language?

Java and Windows x64

4 hours ago, Tb428 said:

Java and Windows x64

You should have a read of this as an basic introduction to begin thinking about some of the architectural concerns and principals. Game Programming Patterns will also be helpful to you I suppose.

The journey that you are embarking on is not an easy or a forgiving one.

4 hours ago, Tb428 said:

sorry bout the two other post just wanted a response

That's no excuse for spamming threads. The question is badly contrived, simply making more of the same ilk will not illicit assistance.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

19 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

That's no excuse for spamming threads. The question is badly contrived, simply making more of the same ilk will not illicit assistance.

next time quote the whole sentence I found some more information also that changed my post. 

7 minutes ago, Tb428 said:

next time quote the whole sentence I found some more information also that changed my post. 

Next time don't spam threads.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.