30-50 fps at lowest while it should easily be 60 at max.

Itayush

Hey, I got a pretty decent computer (planning on buying a new one tho since it's 4 years old), but I am still not able to run Heroes of the Storm with decent fps - EVEN at lowest settings!

CPU Intel i5 3740 3.20 GHz.

AMD Radeon R9 280x.

8GB of RAM.

Got more than 100GB of free space in the SSD.

WIN 7.

I should be able to run the game very smoothly in decent settings, but even in the lowest settings I get 50~ fps with random drops to 20-30. Even in the main menu when I switch tabs (shop, play, normal,rank and such) the game freezes for like 1 second.
I am regularly cleaning my whole computer (fans, GPU etc). I am using MSI Afterburner and it shows that my CPU nor RAM aren't being used to their fullest, just about half. The temperature is steady at 50.

My GPU driver date is 03/04/2016.

So, whats wrong? Everything seem to be in order, but the game still get random freezes, fps drops and not going over 50~ fps...
Thanks for any help!

reinstalling drivers , the game itself or even the whole operating system usually works for me. I used to get 30-50 fps on low settings in csgo on my macbook, now i get 90-120 cause i simply reinstalled macos. back everything useful up onto a USB drive and reinstall windows and it should all be fixed. Takes a while, but it should work. 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

install all latest drivers 

1 minute ago, asiancorruption said:

reinstalling drivers , the game itself or even the whole operating system usually works for me. I used to get 30-50 fps on low settings in csgo on my macbook, now i get 90-120 cause i simply reinstalled macos. back everything useful up onto a USB drive and reinstall windows and it should all be fixed. Takes a while, but it should work. 

So just download a program that will detect any drivers that are not up to date, or I must format my computer? Feeling a little lazy to format now..

1 minute ago, Itayush said:

So just download a program that will detect any drivers that are not up to date, or I must format my computer? Feeling a little lazy to format now..

yes just reinstall 

Just now, Itayush said:

yeah, since you have a AMD GPU, AMD Catalyst should work, reinstalling your os should be a last resort if nothing else works, or if you have 3+ hours to spend downloading everything back like i did.  

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yes just reinstall 

1 minute ago, asiancorruption said:

yeah, since you have a AMD GPU, AMD Catalyst should work, reinstalling your os should be a last resort if nothing else works, or if you have 3+ hours to spend downloading everything back like i did.  

Whats the best way to delete old drivers and install new onces?
How's Driver Booster? 

I am not sure how to find all the drivers so I can delete them and then install new and up to date ones...

3 minutes ago, Itayush said:

Whats the best way to delete old drivers and install new onces?
How's Driver Booster? 

I am not sure how to find all the drivers so I can delete them and then install new and up to date ones...

just reinstall windows 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

just reinstall windows 

I don't have external HDD to store everything at the moment, so that's why I am avoiding formatting for now.

5 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

found it 

So silly of me to not really check if my drivers are actually up to date.. Sorry..
I'll update everything and inform you guys if everything works well or the problem is still there, thanks.