Racing Quad

ItsMinJunLol

I have been in the RC hobby for over 5 years now and I currently work at a local hobby store in Denver. I also manage the Castle View multi-GP chapter(A chapter of a racing drone organization.) This is a decent starting racing drone because it does support up to a 4S lipo (please DO NOT put a 6s lipo on that or any racing drone it will DESTROY IT). This does come with propellers and is ready to fly out of the box however it does not come with a screen or a pair of goggles to view the transmitted video on. Also, this does not have a preinstalled osd(not necessary but helpful) which provides the ability to view things like battery voltage, and time left till you need to land.

If you are interested in getting into drone racing or just want to get something faster to fly around I would be happy to help you pick out parts from online distributors such as amazon or eBay and be able to tell you whether they are compatible or not(if you want to learn to do custom building). I am new to the LTT form so if you or anyone else is interested in getting into drone building please message me directly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 0:56 PM, braedonb98 said:

I have been in the RC hobby for over 5 years now and I currently work at a local hobby store in Denver. I also manage the Castle View multi-GP chapter

Nice

This is a decent starting racing drone because it does support up to a 4S lipo

The Wizard is a clone of the QAV 210, but it's a good quad. A few people in my local FPV group run them. The camera is crap, but the rest of it is solid.

(please DO NOT put a 6s lipo on that or any racing drone it will DESTROY IT).

Uh. Not true. Sure the Wizard may not be 6s compatible, but there are several people in my group that have 6s rigs. You can run 6s just fine if you purpose build your rig for it.

This does come with propellers and is ready to fly out of the box however it does not come with a screen or a pair of goggles to view the transmitted video on.

The props aren't great, they're just a typical 5x4x3. A local wizard pilot really liked the set of Racekraft 5x4x4 props I gave him. I find those specific props bend and make almost a train whistle noise on red bottoms :/ 

I think half of the people in my groups use a Turnigy Evolution. Works really well, but the Turnigy I6s is the same radio in a more typical case.

Also, this does not have a preinstalled osd(not necessary but helpful) which provides the ability to view things like battery voltage, and time left till you need to land.

I agree. Having an OSD (specifically the Betaflight OSD) is AMAZING. I don't use the current sensor on my OMNIBUS F4 Pro board as it only goes up only goes up to like 60 amps, but using one can give you MaH consumed metrics. I just go off of voltage for when to land.

If you are interested in getting into drone racing or just want to get something faster to fly around I would be happy to help you pick out parts from online distributors such as amazon or eBay and be able to tell you whether they are compatible or not(if you want to learn to do custom building). I am new to the LTT form so if you or anyone else is interested in getting into drone building please message me directly.

ehhhh, Amazon and eBay are terrible retailers for FPV stuff right now. Getfpv, Piroflip, and ReadymadeRC are my go-tos.\

That was really long winded, but I just HAD to comment on your post :D 

ASU