Racing Quad

ItsMinJunLol

Hi! I have decided to screw camera drones and go with racing quads. I have chosen a decent priced fpv racing drone by following this video. It seems pretty nice but please comment on how it is. Also, I couldn't find 4s 1300 -1500mah lipo batteries on Bangggod. Can someone tell me where I can buy or ship 4s lipo batteries to Indonesia (Jakarta)? Thanks!

If I get the RTF version here, I would get a battery and transmitter, reciever, quad, etc for the same price for the charger, radio and transmitter, drone and battery, but I heard it doesn't come with props and it's a 3S battery.

FPV aircraft have moved past 3S batteries. Everyone flies 4s because it provides more voltage and more power to your motors which results in more speed. As for which batteries to get, you're going to want a 4s 1300mah pack for any 5" setup. I just bought some of these, haven't tried them yet, but they are supposed to be really good. You'll definitely want some kind of voltage monitoring so you don't accidentally over discharge your batteries.

Do you have an FPV goggle solution?

ASU

On 1/7/2017 at 9:39 PM, Hackentosher said:

FPV aircraft have moved past 3S batteries. Everyone flies 4s because it provides more voltage and more power to your motors which results in more speed. As for which batteries to get, you're going to want a 4s 1300mah pack for any 5" setup. I just bought some of these, haven't tried them yet, but they are supposed to be really good. You'll definitely want some kind of voltage monitoring so you don't accidentally over discharge your batteries.

6S is clearly superior in every way /s

The funny thing is though, if you want longer flight times, most halfway decent 5" setups are more than capable of carrying a 3000+ mah battery, which can also be helpful for beginners, since it will tame some of the crazy top speed you can get on the ultralight quads nowadays.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

22 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

The funny thing is though, if you want longer flight times, most halfway decent 5" setups are more than capable of carrying a 3000+ mah battery, which can also be helpful for beginners, since it will tame some of the crazy top speed you can get on the ultralight quads nowadays.

Lmao my friend tried 6s on his quad, freaked out whenever he went beyond like 50% power because the flight controller didn't like how dirty the power was. 

Yeah, I ran a 2250mah pack on my Armattan F1-6 for awhile, it wasn't a great battery, but the flight time was great. 

ASU

On 1/8/2017 at 0:39 PM, Hackentosher said:

Oh ok cool. I'll get 4s. For FPV, I'm not too sure. I might want to shove in a pair of old glasses but I can always use my contacts that I have.

1 hour ago, KaminKevCrew said:

ye, ofc but I don't think my drone supports 6s. I believe 4s is max for mine.

4 minutes ago, ItsMinJunLol said:

Oh ok cool. I'll get 4s. For FPV, I'm not too sure. I might want to shove in a pair of old glasses but I can always use my contacts that I have.

ye, ofc but I don't think my drone supports 6s. I believe 4s is max for mine.

No im talking about an fpv display. 

The /s means he's joking. 

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

No im talking about an fpv display. 

The /s means he's joking. 

Oh, I was thinking FPV goggles, I think that gives a much more immersive feeling.

19 minutes ago, ItsMinJunLol said:

Oh, I was thinking FPV goggles, I think that gives a much more immersive feeling.

Goggles are very immersive. 

ASU

6 hours ago, ItsMinJunLol said:

If you're going to get goggles, get fatsharks, or something with a similar design. The way they're built, it doesn't actually matter if you have glasses or not, you don't need them when wearing the goggles.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

21 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

If you're going to get goggles, get fatsharks, or something with a similar design. The way they're built, it doesn't actually matter if you have glasses or not, you don't need them when wearing the goggles.

Problem is they're super expensive and no one on ebay can agree to do minimum bids to keep prices down :/

ASU

On 1/10/2017 at 10:52 AM, ItsMinJunLol said:

If you need a cheaper fpv solution, the quanum cyclops are quite nice and blow away the budget (200$) fatsharks.

5 hours ago, samocamo123 said:

If you need a cheaper fpv solution, the quanum cyclops are quite nice and blow away the budget (200$) fatsharks.

I mean my budget fatsharks aren't bad (certainly more comfortable than the box style goggles) but the FOV is smaller and they are a shit load more expensive. Check out the Eachine vr007 as well.

ASU

6 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I mean my budget fatsharks aren't bad (certainly more comfortable than the box style goggles) but the FOV is smaller and they are a shit load more expensive. Check out the Eachine vr007 as well.

I was more referencing the teleporters,  the predators are OK if you don't count the small FOV. 

1 minute ago, samocamo123 said:

I was more referencing the teleporters,  the predators are OK if you don't count the small FOV. 

I'm pretty sure they're exactly the same, but I haven't compared specs.

ASU

3 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I'm pretty sure they're exactly the same, but I haven't compared specs.

From what I have read the predators are much better according to other peoples experiences. The predators also have a higher resolution screen. 

5 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

From what I have read the predators are much better according to other peoples experiences. The predators also have a higher resolution screen. 

You sure you're not thinking the Attitudes? Also, I've used my friend's Dominator v3s, what's really important is the clarity of the optics and color.

ASU

You sure you're not thinking the Attitudes? Also, I've used my friend's Dominator v3s, what's really important is the clarity of the optics and color.

Unless I am getting confused I have heard people say the predators are a lot nicer with a bit better optics and better color. I also know for sure the predators have a 720p screen while the teleporters have an ultra low 320 by 240 screen.

Unless I am getting confused I have heard people say the predators are a lot nicer with a bit better optics and better color. I also know for sure the predators have a 720p screen while the teleporters have an ultra low 320 by 240 screen.

I can tell you right now that my predators are not 720p, that is for shizzel. And not for $250 including a 25mw vtx and a shitty cmos camer https://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1129 

and the teleporters http://www.banggood.com/FatShark-Fat-Shark-Teleporter-V5-FPV-Goggles-5_8G-7CH-Video-Glasses-Headset-p-1041414.html

ASU

3 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I can tell you right now that my predators are not 720p, that is for shizzel. And not for $250 including a 25mw vtx and a shitty cmos camer https://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1129 

and the teleporters http://www.banggood.com/FatShark-Fat-Shark-Teleporter-V5-FPV-Goggles-5_8G-7CH-Video-Glasses-Headset-p-1041414.html

Sorry I wasn't thinking right, i meant 480p (640x480) but it is still double the resolution.

Sorry I wasn't thinking right, i meant 480p (640x480) but it is still double the resolution.

huh, well in my year of FPV experience, resolution isn't that important. FOV and clarity is.

ASU

4 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

huh, well in my year of FPV experience, resolution isn't that important. FOV and clarity is.

Here is a comparison of all the fatsharks, it has the teleporter v3 but the optics and display didn't change between the v3 and v5. fat-shark-goggle-comparison_1.jpg?resize

3 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

Here is a comparison of all the fatsharks, it has the teleporter v3 but the optics and display didn't change between the v3 and v5. 

This isn't a great representation of what it actually looks like pressed up to your face. My predators look like sitting in an average movie theater from the middle rows, maybe a little behind the middle. The Dom v3 is about the same, but a slightly wider screen. I didn't really notice the aspect ratio difference.

ASU

This isn't a great representation of what it actually looks like pressed up to your face. My predators look like sitting in an average movie theater from the middle rows, maybe a little behind the middle. The Dom v3 is about the same, but a slightly wider screen. I didn't really notice the aspect ratio difference.

I was more using it as a representation of the colors not exactly the size and aspect/fov. The predators are definitely clearer and more color accurate.

2 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

I was more using it as a representation of the colors not exactly the size and aspect/fov. The predators are definitely clearer and more color accurate.

Not in my experience. I compared the Dominators to the Predators back to back, the optics on the Dominators are noticeably better.

ASU

Not in my experience. I compared the Dominators to the Predators back to back, the optics on the Dominators are noticeably better.

I know that, I was comparing the teleporters to the predators in the picture.