LG 43UF680T 4K TV - For Gaming & Regular Use

YoloSwag

Hi guys,

Any thought on the LG ULTRA HD TV 43UF680T?

Sadly, 4K monitors in my country don't come cheaper than this 4K TV - funny and sad.

I was wondering would this be good for gaming in 4K say if I had a GPU capable of running games smooth at 4K?

Is this TV fine for regular use? I mean, is it worth it? - Currently, I have a 32-inch Samsung Smart TV which I had for roughly the same price but about 5 years ago.

The website didn't have any info that I'm looking for in so if you guys can help me with a couple of things -

4K at 60Hz or not?

Port connections at the back?

Is it legit 4K when it's plugged to my PC?

Response time?

Play stuff via flash drive?

3D movies and games?

Wall mount capabilities and type?

Good enough for gaming?

When I plug my Samsung TV via HDMI and not set the picture mode, it's like it only displays part of the desktop (screen seems cut off), the scaling seems to be wrong or something, does it happen on all TVs?

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

19 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

Sadly, 4K monitors in my country don't come cheaper than this 4K TV - funny and sad.

What country is that, and what is your budget in your country's currency?

If it's set as a TV, response times usually aren't great seeing people are most likely going to use it as what it is, a TV. LG should have those specs on their website, but if not, you should be able to google the model and thing you want to know. For example "LG 43UF680T Hz" and some spec website will show you.

In conclusion, I would advise against using TV's as monitors for gaming, but if you're just a casual who will play GTA V here and then with some friends, but other than that watch Netflix all day, you might as well get it seeing as 4k is great :)

The dream:

Spoiler

Project Malachite (in progress):

CPU: i7 7700k. CPU Cooler: Cryorig A40 Ultimate. Mobo: ASUS Z270-A. RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4. SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB. HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB. GPU: ASUS Strix 1070. PSU: Corsair CX550M. Case: Phanteks Eclipse p400S

The reality:

Spoiler

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016, Logitech G502, Turtle Beach 500p. Monitor: LG 24GM77-B 144Hz 1MS TN. 

8 hours ago, Aereldor said:

What country is that, and what is your budget in your country's currency?

The Philippines. Budget is about $550, converted of course. Most of the 4K monitors here even go beyond that. I'm considering the TV since I only have a 32-inch here and it's kinda small after we placed it on a wall.

8 hours ago, MValuableP said:

If it's set as a TV, response times usually aren't great seeing people are most likely going to use it as what it is, a TV. LG should have those specs on their website, but if not, you should be able to google the model and thing you want to know. For example "LG 43UF680T Hz" and some spec website will show you.

In conclusion, I would advise against using TV's as monitors for gaming, but if you're just a casual who will play GTA V here and then with some friends, but other than that watch Netflix all day, you might as well get it seeing as 4k is great :)

Thanks, I'm not gonna use it for serious gaming since I'd still prefer a desk with a mouse and keyboard, but I'm gonna have an XB1 controller just for couch gaming and play some racing games, Batman Arkham series, Mad Max, and the like.

I'm just concerned about picture quality, I'm not sure if these were one of the first 4K TVs released and might lack certain features.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

They're selling this Sony Ultra HD 4K HDR Andrioid TV for $700, I might be willing to push the budget a bit just because it's already 4K and is HDR.

It's using a Triluminous display but I don't know how it fares against the LG's IPS one. What do you guys think?

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler