MSI z170 Gaming M7 Green Leds

So I just bought a gaming pc, and the motherboard that I chose was the MSI z170 gaming m7. I didn't realize this when I was doing research on the broad but now that I've built my system it really bothers me. The motherboard has a very nice red and black aesthetic which matches with the rest of my pc. But the little read out for the post codes, and the onboard power and reset switches are illuminated with green Leds. In a dark room the green really stand out and ruins the aesthetic of my rig. I look for the best way to solve this. Should I disconnect the leds from the board some how (scratching the traces, of disassembling the buttons), or maybe cover the green lights with black electricians tape, I'm not sure. 

Please leave any suggestions you have 

thanks  

| CPU Intel I7 6700K | Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero | RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 2666Mhz | GPU MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X + NZXT Kraken g12 w/ NZXT Kraken x52 | Case NZXT h440 | Storage 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 2TB Samsung 850 Evo | PSU EVGA Supernova G2 750W | Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate |

I have the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 (LGA 1150 version of your motherboard but some less features) and I have that same thing too. I have a NZXT Hue+ which makes that green thing not very noticeable when you have epilepsy inside your case. I say just put something over the LED temperature readout if it bothers you the wrong way too much.