Automatic overclock

Go to solution Solved by Paradine Sage,
10 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

There's no such button, at least not at plain sight. I'm talking specifically about Asus Z170-A motherboards.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/Z170-A/E10611_Z170-A_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

There is your user manual. Section 2-16 is the AI Tweaker menu, set the AI Overclock Tuner to Auto. Save and restart.

Read that entire manual before doing anything.

I've heard too many people talking about how their Asus Z170-A motherboards automatically overclocked their CPUs. I have an 6600k and AFAIK, it's still at stock speed. How does that work?

You hit the auto-overclock button/command in the UEFI. Assuming that your board supports it.

It then OC's your CPU automatically by a moderate amount.

3 minutes ago, Paradine Sage said:

You hit the auto-overclock button/command in the UEFI. Assuming that your board supports it.

It then OC's your CPU automatically by a moderate amount.

There's no such button, at least not at plain sight. I'm talking specifically about Asus Z170-A motherboards.

4 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

Did you check BIOS?

10 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/Z170-A/E10611_Z170-A_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

There is your user manual. Section 2-16 is the AI Tweaker menu, set the AI Overclock Tuner to Auto. Save and restart.

Read that entire manual before doing anything.

20 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

I've heard too many people talking about how their Asus Z170-A motherboards automatically overclocked their CPUs. I have an 6600k and AFAIK, it's still at stock speed. How does that work?

Asus has their auto overclock software you can specify temps cooling parameters and such but I don't recommend it they usually provide mediocre overclocks with too much voltage to keep things conservative. The best option would still be to manually dial in your overclock to see how far you can push your CPU.