MSI Krait Gaming 3X Buzzing Noise

So I recently built this computer and yesterday I was playing The Solus Project and realized there was something making a very low buzzing sound from my case. After I went into the video settings in the game I discovered something very strange, if I moved the Resolution Scale slider the buzzing would stop for a second and then return. At the time I thought it may be one of the fans in the system or maybe on my EVGA 1070SC or at the worst perhaps my PSU since I used the one from my last rig.

Well today I noticed the noise just after booting, I'm honestly not sure how long the low buzzing has been going but I only really noticed yesterday. So I ended up doing some testing and just straight up swapping the PSU for the new one I bought for my old rig.

None of the fans were the cause, the GPU was good, sound card good, hard drive good, and it doesn't seem to be anything on the case vibrating as the buzzing stops and starts according to what the PC is doing when on. So the only 3 options left are the MOBO, RAM or the new PSU I just swapped in.

I'll probably end up testing what I can after I post this but has anyone ever had their MOBO make a buzzing noise like this?

| AMD FX-8350 @4.6 || Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3(Stay away from this MOBO) || AMD Radeon HD 7950 @1100/1400 || G.SKILL Aries 16GB @1600 |

| ADATA XPG SX900 128GB SSD(OS) || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || ASUS XONAR_DG 5.1 Sound Card|| XSPC Raystorm EX240 D5 WC Kit |

|CORSAIR HX750 750W || Modded NZXT Phantom |

Probably coil whine, this is normal and there isn't much you can do about it. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

27 minutes ago, Hellsrage said:

So I recently built this computer and yesterday I was playing The Solus Project and realized there was something making a very low buzzing sound from my case. After I went into the video settings in the game I discovered something very strange, if I moved the Resolution Scale slider the buzzing would stop for a second and then return. At the time I thought it may be one of the fans in the system or maybe on my EVGA 1070SC or at the worst perhaps my PSU since I used the one from my last rig.

Well today I noticed the noise just after booting, I'm honestly not sure how long the low buzzing has been going but I only really noticed yesterday. So I ended up doing some testing and just straight up swapping the PSU for the new one I bought for my old rig.

None of the fans were the cause, the GPU was good, sound card good, hard drive good, and it doesn't seem to be anything on the case vibrating as the buzzing stops and starts according to what the PC is doing when on. So the only 3 options left are the MOBO, RAM or the new PSU I just swapped in.

I'll probably end up testing what I can after I post this but has anyone ever had their MOBO make a buzzing noise like this?

Maybe the mobo is vibrating against the standoffs in your case because of CPU cooler vibrations. That was just my first thought, might be worth a look. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

29 minutes ago, Hellsrage said:

24 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

As the above stated^  It's probably coil whine, this is the power delivery components vibrating under load, this can be made worse by extremely high fps for instance your gaming at 144fps and then you go into a loading screen or a menu and then your suddenly at 400 fps.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Well I ended up unplugging the PSU installed opening the case and plugging in my older PSU and while my older PSU does have coil whine, it's pretty faint and sounds different than the sound you hear in the case. So yeah it's probably the MOBO that's causing the sound, also the PSU also stopped and started when I moved the slider in the game so it's is probably related to the power components.

3 hours ago, bgibbz said:

That's a damn shame, I was hoping to have a quite PC this time around, I just built this PC a month ago, perhaps I'll have it replaced then. Once you notice the sound it's really hard to stop hearing it, especially with my DT880s as they are open headphones.

| AMD FX-8350 @4.6 || Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3(Stay away from this MOBO) || AMD Radeon HD 7950 @1100/1400 || G.SKILL Aries 16GB @1600 |

| ADATA XPG SX900 128GB SSD(OS) || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || ASUS XONAR_DG 5.1 Sound Card|| XSPC Raystorm EX240 D5 WC Kit |

|CORSAIR HX750 750W || Modded NZXT Phantom |