New cpu and motherboard

Jacm

I am upgrading my cpu and motherboard with some money left over from christmas. I have a budget of about 400 dollars. I want my pc theme to be black and red so I need a motherboard that fits that. I think I should go with an i5 LGA 1151 and upgrade to a 6700k later. I do gaming (Overwatch) and photo editing. I am open to any suggestions I can get. Also, I have an AMD graphics card will that be ok with an intel cpu?

Whats your current cpu and motherboard?

Yes the gpu will work fine with an intel cpu.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

CPU to GPU brand isnt a problem however you have to make sure your cpu matches the socket on your mobo

For black and red DEFINATELY go for an msi gaming, they are quite good and they have a wide range of boards,

The next question is the form factor, if you have a full tower pc go for an ATX mobo to giv you more room plugging stuff in

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X 4.4GHz | GPU: RTX 3070 FE | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 4x8GB 3600MHz DDR4 | MoBo: ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII  | Case: Corsair 5000D AF CPU cooler: Corsair H150i CapellixPSU: Corsair RM850x |

4 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Whats your current cpu and motherboard?

Yes the gpu will work fine with an intel cpu.

Asus A88XM-A Micro ATX FM2+ 

AMD A10-7700K 3.4GHz Quad-Core