I have no idea anymore

Okay lemme explain this quick:

I've build together a small server, it runs ESXI 6,5 which is on 192.168.2.9, this works perfectly, i got my windows 2016 server on 192.168.2.21 (static)

so i setup the VPN, it works internally, but when I try to connect externally I get a error "The remote connection was not made because the attempted vpn tunnels failed.

i made 192.168.2.21 my DMZ host, i port forwarded port 47, and 1723

What am i doing wrong? :(

Using PPTP 

How is the routing setup? Are you using a virtual router? or do you have another VM running as a router?, 

Using the virtual router, i didn't change a thing there, kinda new to ESXI

2 hours ago, Franco093 said:

How is the routing setup? Are you using a virtual router? or do you have another VM running as a router?, 

Using the virtual router, i didn't change a thing there, kinda new to ESXI

Based on the info you have given, this looks like a server issue, not a network issue.

We don't currently have any grasp on your network and how it does or should function except for the virtualized portion in the ESXi which is very simple if you didn't do anything to it.

50 minutes ago, U.Ho said:

Based on the info you have given, this looks like a server issue, not a network issue.

We don't currently have any grasp on your network and how it does or should function except for the virtualized portion in the ESXi which is very simple if you didn't do anything to it.

Okay i'll try to explain this.

This setup is standing in my home network

There is 1 router / modem which is used as DHCP, the server with ESXI on it is using 1 of the wan ports on my router, within my esxi i currently have 1 instance of windows server 2016 standing, No switch or anything is blocking the connection. on the server i installed the Routing and remote access, and setup the VPN with 11 ip's to give out. In the firewall i used the preset firewall rules to allow VPN connections, on the router i configured 1723 TCP,

If anything else is needed please ask so!

On 1/5/2017 at 1:21 PM, Araero said:

Okay i'll try to explain this.

This setup is standing in my home network

There is 1 router / modem which is used as DHCP, the server with ESXI on it is using 1 of the wan ports on my router, within my esxi i currently have 1 instance of windows server 2016 standing, No switch or anything is blocking the connection. on the server i installed the Routing and remote access, and setup the VPN with 11 ip's to give out. In the firewall i used the preset firewall rules to allow VPN connections, on the router i configured 1723 TCP,

If anything else is needed please ask so!

Why did you connect the ESX in a wan port?

Is it in a different network than your VPN clients?

Can you connect to the windows server network via your LAN (or the network where your VPN clients are)?

Can we have some IPs so it's easier to picture the layout?