Intel Driver Update Failed

Hello,

Today I restored my Dell Inspiron to factory and settings. I had no problem updating my OS but when I tried updating my Intel Graphics Driver (it's integrated with the CPU I believe) it fails every time. I scan for drivers. I try to download and install the driver(Image 1), and it gives me the option to Repair.(Image 2) I hit Repair. At this point it just keeps "Creating System Restore Point" and giving me a a Success message. However, this is where I'm getting a failed message afterwards. (Image 3) I've never done this before so if anybody can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I just wanna play some Old School RS!

1.png

2.png

3.png

3 minutes ago, ntaftster said:

Hello,

Today I restored my Dell Inspiron to factory and settings. I had no problem updating my OS but when I tried updating my Intel Graphics Driver (it's integrated with the CPU I believe) it fails every time. I scan for drivers. I try to download and install the driver(Image 1), and it gives me the option to Repair.(Image 2) I hit Repair. At this point it just keeps "Creating System Restore Point" and giving me a a Success message. However, this is where I'm getting a failed message afterwards. (Image 3) I've never done this before so if anybody can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I just wanna play some Old School RS!

1.png

2.png

3.png

Just try to update Windows. Usually Windows will auto update Intel Drivers seamlessly. If it does, just right click on the desktop and click on graphics properties or something like that. Some where in the there you should find the Version number and if it is latest you are good.

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

Go to the Dell Website, on the Support tab find somewhere to download drivers (don't know exactly because I can't access the US website), type in your Service Tag and click to analyze your system, it will install the latest Intel driver and other missing drivers.

1 minute ago, Murilo_A said:

Go to the Dell Website, on the Support tab find somewhere to download drivers (don't know exactly because I can't access the US website), type in your Service Tag and click to analyze your system, it will install the latest Intel driver and other missing drivers.

Where do I find my Service Tag?

3 hours ago, zMeul said:

this is the latest PRO SET for W7: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26467 - directly from Intel

what WiFi card do you have, it's possible that the card is no longer supported by the new Pro Set and the Intel Driver Update Utility doesn't correctly id it

Screen shot of what I found

4.PNG

3 minutes ago, ntaftster said:

The only version the Intel Driver Update Utility gives me is the 15.11.0.7

use the one I gave you in the post above

3PVoExj.png

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

use the one I gave you in the post above

3PVoExj.png

Do I just run the .exe outside of the Intel Driver Update Utility?

2 minutes ago, ntaftster said:

Do I just run the .exe outside of the Intel Driver Update Utility?

yes

it's also a good idea to uninstall the old ProSet

28 minutes ago, zMeul said:

yes

it's also a good idea to uninstall the old ProSet

Nothing seems to make a difference. I launch Runescape and it says my Driver is 2111 days old and it won't run

7 hours ago, ntaftster said:

Nothing seems to make a difference. I launch Runescape and it says my Driver is 2111 days old and it won't run

this has nothing to do with the WiFi driver, it has to do with the display driver