Help me overclcok my CPU

Ykno

So yes before we begin i know there are loads of guides but there not for my boad and cpu that io can find. and there more a quide not this is what you need to do.

My specs are below in my sig.

so ye anyone able to help me out just aiming for a 4.0-4.2Ghz to start with.

i never done this before so ye i need bit help understanding. (o i know where and how to do it just not what to do to make it work and be stable.)

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

8 minutes ago, Ykno said:

So yes before we begin i know there are loads of guides but there not for my boad and cpu that io can find. and there more a quide not this is what you need to do.

My specs are below in my sig.

so ye anyone able to help me out just aiming for a 4.0-4.2Ghz to start with.

i never done this before so ye i need bit help understanding. (o i know where and how to do it just not what to do to make it work and be stable.)

Here is an tutorial how to over clock with Intel and MSI Bios (when u restart ur pc you see something like Bios f12 or something

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-overclock-your-cpu-processor/

Cya

Sven

Overclocking is relativilty he same no matter what board and cpu you have.only real difference is the look/navigation of the bios

Go in bios

Turn off boost/turbo

Up the multiplier. So if it's 35. Up it to 36 

(35 is 3.5ghz, 36 is 3.6 etc..) so 40, or 41 for you. 

Then save and reboot. Test it with a cpu stress tester(pick what ever I use linX)

If no crash and temps are good keep using multipler. (Temps under 80-85c)

If you get a blue screen up voltage. Don't go past 1.45

So go like 1.125 just increase it not by a little bit at a time.

Then read stress test

If temps are good and no crash go for a real stress test for 24 hours or over night a d if no crash or high temps your good.

4 minutes ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

Here is an tutorial how to over clock with Intel and MSI Bios (when u restart ur pc you see something like Bios f12 or something

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-overclock-your-cpu-processor/

Cya

Sven

again read OP it helps i said i no how just wanted help on the details to it

3 minutes ago, Jamtoad said:

Overclocking is the same no matter what board and cpu you have.

Turn off boost/turbo

(35 is 3.5ghz, 36 is 3.6 etc..) 

Then save and reboot. Test it with a cpu stress tester(pick what ever I use linX)

If no crash and temps are good keep using multipler.

If temps are good and no crash go for a real stress test for 24 hours or over night a d if no crash or high temps your good.

and okay so only way is to go click by click there is no use this it works (obvs not on ever cpu due to silcone lottery but in general)

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

1 minute ago, Ykno said:

and okay so only way is to go click by click there is no use this it works (obvs not on ever cpu due to silcone lottery but in general)

Sorry I don't understand what your saying

@BlackLivesMatter se

12 minutes ago, Jamtoad said:

Overclocking is relativilty he same no matter what board and cpu you have.only real difference is the look/navigation of the bios

Go in bios

Turn off boost/turbo

(35 is 3.5ghz, 36 is 3.6 etc..) so 40, or 41 for you. 

If no crash and temps are good keep using multipler. (Temps under 80-85c)

So go like 1.125 just increase it not by a little bit at a time.

Then read stress test

The dream:

Spoiler

Project Malachite (in progress):

CPU: i7 7700k. CPU Cooler: Cryorig A40 Ultimate. Mobo: ASUS Z270-A. RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4. SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB. HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB. GPU: ASUS Strix 1070. PSU: Corsair CX550M. Case: Phanteks Eclipse p400S

The reality:

Spoiler

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016, Logitech G502, Turtle Beach 500p. Monitor: LG 24GM77-B 144Hz 1MS TN.