RAM's Wars

Let the RAM Wars begins! xD

So.... I'm looking out for 4 sticks of DDR4 RAM.

Size doesn't matter (my budget will go later), but I want to see what you guys think about the most mainstream RAM in the market.

I'm pretty sure it's the Avexir's Core series, Corsair's Vengeance series, GSkill's and GEIL's.

I don't know the difference at all except their design indeed, and does they offer benefits and or cons for each?

CPU i7-7700K @5.2GHz     Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA     RAM 2 Kits of TridentZ RGB F4-3866C18D-32GTZR     GPU 2 of ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 AMP Extreme

Case be quiet! dark base pro 900 black     Storage 4 of 6TB WD RED (on server), 2 of Samsung 850 PRO 1TB (on RAID 0), Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe, Intel 400GB 750 Series

PSU Corsair HX850i     Cooling EK-RES X3 250, EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM, EK-Supremacy EVO Gold, EK-Coolstream CE 420, Black Ice GTS420, 7 of EK-Furious Vardar FF4-140

Spoiler

Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM     Keycaps Mionix Frosting + Mionix Ice Cream     Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma + Steelseries Sensei Wireless

Mousepad Custom printed by evghapad.id     Headset Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO 250 Ohm     DAC audioengine D1     Speaker Custom designed 7.1 by ss-audio

Microphone AntLion ModMic 4     Monitor 3 of LG 29UM58-P, 2 of Samsung C27F390     Controller XBOX ONE Elite Wireless, 3 of Sony PlayStation DS4

3 minutes ago, TenzoNakami said:

I don't know the difference at all except their design indeed, and does they offer benefits and or cons for each?

Thats the awnser, all design, no actual preformance differences

Pick what you like the best.

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

get the cheapest ram and more of it i would rather have normal 32 gb ram then good looking 16 gb ram. 

Personally I stick with Corsair, then Crucial.  And just get the cheapest one that covers my needs.

There's not much point in getting RAM significantly than the "maximum default" speed and those fancy heat sinks do nothing, since RAM doesn't get hot enough to warrant them.

6 minutes ago, Aytex said:

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

get the cheapest ram and more of it i would rather have normal 32 gb ram then good looking 16 gb ram. 

How about their aftersales support guys? And maybe build quality?

CPU i7-7700K @5.2GHz     Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA     RAM 2 Kits of TridentZ RGB F4-3866C18D-32GTZR     GPU 2 of ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 AMP Extreme

Case be quiet! dark base pro 900 black     Storage 4 of 6TB WD RED (on server), 2 of Samsung 850 PRO 1TB (on RAID 0), Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe, Intel 400GB 750 Series

PSU Corsair HX850i     Cooling EK-RES X3 250, EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM, EK-Supremacy EVO Gold, EK-Coolstream CE 420, Black Ice GTS420, 7 of EK-Furious Vardar FF4-140

Spoiler

Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM     Keycaps Mionix Frosting + Mionix Ice Cream     Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma + Steelseries Sensei Wireless

Mousepad Custom printed by evghapad.id     Headset Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO 250 Ohm     DAC audioengine D1     Speaker Custom designed 7.1 by ss-audio

Microphone AntLion ModMic 4     Monitor 3 of LG 29UM58-P, 2 of Samsung C27F390     Controller XBOX ONE Elite Wireless, 3 of Sony PlayStation DS4

1 minute ago, TenzoNakami said:

How about their aftersales support guys? And maybe build quality?

In terms of support gskill/corsair is good

Build quality, comon they are all just PCB's soldered with little aluminium/metal heatsinks, nothing much to it :D 

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Personally I stick with Corsair, then Crucial.  And just get the cheapest one that covers my needs.

There's not much point in getting RAM significantly than the "maximum default" speed and those fancy heat sinks do nothing, since RAM doesn't get hot enough to warrant them.

Oops. Was a fanboy of Avexir. Since of mine's fail I think ima take a good look at Corsair and Crucial.

What do you recommend to get from Corsair or Crucial? The Vengeance LED looks cool tho

Spoiler

Get faster RAM if the cost isn't too far off. It'll help out in many games that require fast calculations.

Getting 16GB on two sticks is a good choice to start with if you have four slots.

The heatsinks are purely cosmetic as RAM only gives off 3W of heat.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, TenzoNakami said:

Oops. Was a fanboy of Avexir. Since of mine's fail I think ima take a good look at Corsair and Crucial.

What do you recommend to get from Corsair or Crucial? The Vengeance LED looks cool tho

Whatever you want that's in your price range. If you want to spend $200 on RAM, I won't stop you :P

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

In terms of support gskill/corsair is good

Build quality, comon they are all just PCB's soldered with little aluminium/metal heatsinks, nothing much to it :D 

PCB's soldered with little aluminium! xD I like that lol

But well, okay I'll take a good look at it.

3 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Get faster RAM if the cost isn't too far off. It'll help out in many games that require fast calculations.

Getting 16GB on two sticks is a good choice to start with if you have four slots.

The heatsinks are purely cosmetic as RAM only gives off 3W of heat.

Got it sir!

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Whatever you want that's in your price range. If you want to spend $200 on RAM, I won't stop you :P

Wahahaha I'm not going to spend $200 on a single stick RAM. Overpriced!! ^_^

What do you use personally if you don't mind me asking?

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, TenzoNakami said:

Consider Avexir Raiden, ROG and Tesla?  If you want beauty and love Avexir. 

1 minute ago, TenzoNakami said:

Wahahaha I'm not going to spend $200 on a single stick RAM. Overpriced!! ^_^

What do you use personally if you don't mind me asking?

I forget. I just remember going on Newegg, sorting by capacity, then by Corsair, and picking something from their cheaper piles.

6 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Consider Avexir Raiden, ROG and Tesla?  If you want beauty and love Avexir. 

The ROG series are way overpriced in my country.

The Tesla series isn't getting here yet alongside with most newer parts like the Kraken X62.

Have been waiting for so long for stuff to be imported here.

I used to love the Avexir Core series tho, never used Raiden before, gonna take a look xD

6 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I forget. I just remember going on Newegg, sorting by capacity, then by Corsair, and picking something from their cheaper piles.

Gonna do the same then ^_^

6 hours ago, vladonizer said:

Get what you like the looks of the best. that or cheapest out of those

Thank you all for answering!! :x

Spoiler