mobos POST not displaying proper CPU speed

So I use a Hero Alpha, I overclocked my 6700K to 4.7 GHz.  The POST and the BIOS says that the CPUs is running at base clock and voltage.  But, CPU-Z says that the CPU is at 4.7.  Help?

BIOS will always show the base specs of the CPU. CPU-Z is showing the actual clock speed it is running at. 

EDIT: If you really doubt it, disable the OC, run Cinebench then go back and enable it and run Cinebench again. You'll see a difference.

Run Cinebench, you should see a score of >1000

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Run Cinebench, you should see a score of >1000

May I ask whats the max temperature your getting with ur 4.6 ghz 1.355 vcore 6700k with ur cm evo 212 ?

Like max temp real life gaming / apps

Max temp stress test

1 minute ago, smokefest said:

May I ask whats the max temperature your getting with ur 4.6 ghz 1.355 vcore 6700k with ur cm evo 212 ?

Like max temp real life gaming / apps

Max temp stress test

While recording and playing Minecraft it hits (ya I know this isn't safe at all) 90-93C on the hottest core. All the other cores stay at or below 90C. My ambient temperature in my room is slightly hotter then usual but I also have an AIO on the way. A Cryorig H7 or BeQuiet! PURE ROCK would be able to keep it <90C

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

While recording and playing Minecraft it hits (ya I know this isn't safe at all) 90-93C on the hottest core. All the other cores stay at or below 90C. My ambient temperature in my room is slightly hotter then usual but I also have an AIO on the way. A Cryorig H7 or BeQuiet! PURE ROCK would be able to keep it <90C

that's pretty hot xD

I do run my 6700k @ 4.5 ghz @ 1.335 vcore and gettin 75-76-77 max temp...

I tryed to oc @ 4.6 ghz @ 1.355vcore, was stable, but getting 81-82-83 max temps i decided to drop to 4.5 ....

What you think ?

1 hour ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

BIOS will always show the base specs of the CPU. CPU-Z is showing the actual clock speed it is running at. 

EDIT: If you really doubt it, disable the OC, run Cinebench then go back and enable it and run Cinebench again. You'll see a difference.

Thanks