4670k damaged ?

m2rt

My 4670k seems to be acting really odd. Im using a Asus z87-A board. Even when you try to OC using Asus built in switch on a board it gives blue screen. IT also need almost 1.260v !!! to be stable at 3.8ghz wich is even slower than 4670k turbo  mhz. IT cant be normal for a K sque chips. Im really lost here ,dont know how to test it either its board or cpu problem. (Before you start on silicon lottery- im very well aware of it) but this is just redicilous.

(Before you start on silicon lottery- im very well aware of it) 

Sorry, but I think you lost the lottery my friend

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

You sure it's not some other problem? Most of the time my CPU instabilities crash the system outright, not BSoDs.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

My 4670k seems to be acting really odd. Im using a Asus z87-A board. Even when you try to OC using Asus built in switch on a board it gives blue screen. IT also need almost 1.260v !!! to be stable at 3.8ghz wich is even slower than 4670k turbo  mhz. IT cant be normal for a K sque chips. Im really lost here ,dont know how to test it either its board or cpu problem. (Before you start on silicon lottery- im very well aware of it) but this is just redicilous.

The Z87-A, isn't exactly the most high performance board out there.But you should be seeing better results than this..... I think you have indeed lost the silicon lottery. If you feel confortable try and do a bit of manual OC'ing could be some random bug in the software... you never know.

You sure it's not some other problem? Most of the time my CPU instabilities crash the system outright, not BSoDs.

Agreed. Yes could be another problem. Bsod could indicate software issues.

Gaming System: i7 3770k @4.6GHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 8GB Corsair 1600MHz, 2 x MSI GTX 670 PE, Fractal R4, 256GB Crucial M4, Fractal Newton R3 1000W White

Steam Box: Xeon E3 1280 @ 3.5GHz, Intel S1200KP, 8GB Corsair White LP, 1x EVGA GTX 570, Fractal Node 304 White, 64GB Intel SSD, Fractal Tesla R2 650w White

I mean it wont even get to Windows loading screen when using Ausus onboard switch. I belive in UEFI its called Optimal ? Well that dont work either.

I will say this.  I've seen stability issues actually occurring on the operating system level.  My 920 was stable at 3.9GHz for 2 years but it started to error out in windows 8.  I slowly increased voltage and lower speed over a month and it kept acting up.  I looked up the error and reloaded windows 8, and I have been back to 3.9Ghz at an even lower voltage than before.

It should reach 3.8ghz without any difficulties. Contact Intel to find out what is going on.

The Z87-A, isn't exactly the most high performance board out there.But you should be seeing better results than this..... I think you have indeed lost the silicon lottery. If you feel confortable try and do a bit of manual OC'ing could be some random bug in the software... you never know.

The board makes almost zero difference in z87 platforms. I allready tried manual volts up to 1.35v still wont boot at 4ghz. Even when you set vrin/ cpu input voltage to  1.8-1.9v . I also set uncore to 34x so thats not an issue. Ram was set default speeds. I really think either its faulty board or a chip. They cant sell this thing as a K series if it wont even to turbo clocks.

The board makes almost zero difference in z87 platforms. I allready tried manual volts up to 1.35v still wont boot at 4ghz. Even when you set vrin/ cpu input voltage to  1.8-1.9v . I also set uncore to 34x so thats not an issue. Ram was set default speeds. I really think either its faulty board or a chip. They cant sell this thing as a K series if it wont even to turbo clocks.

Have you run the system at stock? What sort of volts does the CPU use at factory settings?

Gaming System: i7 3770k @4.6GHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 8GB Corsair 1600MHz, 2 x MSI GTX 670 PE, Fractal R4, 256GB Crucial M4, Fractal Newton R3 1000W White

Steam Box: Xeon E3 1280 @ 3.5GHz, Intel S1200KP, 8GB Corsair White LP, 1x EVGA GTX 570, Fractal Node 304 White, 64GB Intel SSD, Fractal Tesla R2 650w White

Sadly, you lost the silicon lottery.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)