What camera does LMG use to shoot Techquickie videos? In the 2014 shoot they were using either Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Blackmagic Production Camera. I am quite sure they use BMCC. But what I am wondering is the codec they are using to shoot B-Roll in LTT, Techquickie and A-Roll in ChannelSuperFun

53 minutes ago, kenji772 said:

What camera does LMG use to shoot Techquickie videos? In the 2014 shoot they were using either Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Blackmagic Production Camera. I am quite sure they use BMCC. But what I am wondering is the codec they are using to shoot B-Roll in LTT, Techquickie and A-Roll in ChannelSuperFun

Why do you need to know?  It's not like they use unique and special cameras that produce a look that's unique and special only to those cameras.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

I dunno what they use now, it can be Blackmagic, it can be Sony, or both.

BUT in the future they will use Red camera.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

14 minutes ago, Mihle said:

I dunno what they use now, it can be Blackmagic, it can be Sony, or both.

BUT in the future they will use Red camera.

The Black Magic Ursa Mini they reviewed was a rental, I think.  I am fairly certain they have a Sony FS700, FS5, at least one Sony mirrorless (perhaps the A7s II), and perhaps a Canon DSLR.  I also think they have a Panasonic GH4.  I think the RED camera they used once was also a rental.

But honestly, a lot of the cameras they have are way way way overkill for the kind of productions they do.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

9 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

The Black Magic Ursa Mini they reviewed was a rental, I think.  I am fairly certain they have a Sony FS700, FS5, at least one Sony mirrorless (perhaps the A7s II), and perhaps a Canon DSLR.  I also think they have a Panasonic GH4.  I think the RED camera they used once was also a rental.

But honestly, a lot of the cameras they have are way way way overkill for the kind of productions they do.

They have gotten at least one RED camera, Linus said so in wan show two weeks ago or something at least, and thats the reason why LMG did go in the red last year. 

Found a tweet

RED camera LMG.PNG

And 1:04:52:

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

2 hours ago, Mihle said:

They have gotten at least one RED camera, Linus said so in wan show two weeks ago or something at least, and thats the reason why LMG did go in the red last year. 

LMAO, seriously this is way overkill for what they do.  But I guess they are proving the truth behind the old saying "a fool and his money are soon parted".

20 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

LMAO, seriously this is way overkill for what they do.  But I guess they are proving the truth behind the old saying "a fool and his money are soon parted".

I know its overkill, but they are not the only youtube channel that have a RED camera :)

But they are also trying to make a better streaming service that will have better quality video (higher bitrate).

But RED camera will still be overkill :)

-Stephen Hawking

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/01/2017 at 10:53 PM, AkiraDaarkst said:

Why do you need to know?  It's not like they use unique and special cameras that produce a look that's unique and special only to those cameras.

Why do I need to know? Well, I am still figuring out how to get really solid perfect 1080p to 1440p images out of a video camera that is low budget so I can make movies with great quality and great detail. I *can*.

15 minutes ago, kenji772 said:

Why do I need to know? Well, I am still figuring out how to get really solid perfect 1080p to 1440p images out of a video camera that is low budget so I can make movies with great quality and great detail. I *can*.

Firstly a good camera and lens does help, however it doesnt proudce great quality work if the user cant use the camera. 

Imo a sharp lens is what makes the largest difference (after good light). Then you will need a good lightning setup because without that everything will look bad tbh. A good video tripod will help for smooth shots and pans and a slider can help to get nice B-roll. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

2 hours ago, kenji772 said:

What camera do you have?