Sennheiser PXC 550 VS Momentum Wireless

ryanthomp

Which one is better? I'm assuming that the audio quality are very similar so ignoring that part for now. Price is different and the PXC 550 actually costs more than the Momentum Wireless at $400 vs $350 for the Momentum Wireless. Features wise the PXC 550 beats the Momentum Wireless no question, though the Momentum Wireless wins for the audio quality. For Linus' latest headphone review I was actually surprised that he didn't put the Momentum Wireless against the Quiet Comfort 35 from Bose. Also I am not sure how long these headphone will last, hopefully more than 10 years? They are headphones after all. This is why I am willing to invest so much because I think it'll be worth it in the long run. So what do you guys think? Are the extra features worth it on the PXC 550 for the trade of a little audio quality. I'm thinking yes but input on from you guys would be awesome.

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

How did you decide and why? Would be nice to know.

Also - since I'm a student I do get 25% off of the Momentums and in addition Sennheiser does have another coupon code - this I would be able to get the Momentums for 300€ - So do you think there is anything better in that price range? I know the Bose QC 35 are also available for ~300€, I do have to admit that I really like the Design of the Momentum Wireless though ;)