Where do you get your internet?

OnionRings

I live in a fairly decent sized city in Maryland but every website I check says nobody can service me but Comcast, I could try calling in person and I probably will later (its 11pm as of typing this) but basically I wanna ask, where do you guys get your internet and how much do you get? I have Comcast currently and I pay for 150 Mbps down and only get 10Mbps up, I need more upload speed. I live stream and 10 Mbps isn't enough for good stable quality.

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

Get exede satellite internet it is great

12mbps up. 3 down

11 minutes ago, Austin1995 said:

Get exede satellite internet it is great

12mbps up. 3 down 

50 Mbps service by 2020 

12 up and 3 down is not enough, I have 150 down 10 up, I need more up. I want like 150-20 or something.

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

You can buy Windstream business internet that is Gigabit internet I don't know how much that would cost how much are you paying for your internet now or look up megapath internet online put in your address and zip code in and see if they would have service where you live

Edited by Austin1995

I'm curious as to what platform you Live Stream on. Twitch and Beam both limit you to 3500 kbps (3.5 Mbps), Twitch will let you stream at a higher bitrate but will eventually find out... and warn you. Beam will not accept anything past 3500 kbps. YouTube recommends 1080p @ 60fps to be between 4,500 (4.5 Mbps) and 9,000 kbps (9 Mbps). If you have a 10 Mbps service, you're getting a 20% overhead on both download and upload. Essentially giving you 3 Mbps to spare. Granted watching the stream, gaming, etc... will utilize upload, games do not utilize that much. My guess would be between .25 and .5 Mbps in both directions with the difference being initial loading using slightly more download speed. 

There are a few websites which will let you lookup which ISPs are available by zip code. Last time I was in Maryland I was on Comcast, though I believe FiOS is available in select areas. 

Regards,

Remix

Please (@mention) my username. Otherwise I may not see your message!

On 12/30/2016 at 10:47 PM, OnionRings said:

I live in a fairly decent sized city in Maryland but every website I check says nobody can service me but Comcast, I could try calling in person and I probably will later (its 11pm as of typing this) but basically I wanna ask, where do you guys get your internet and how much do you get? I have Comcast currently and I pay for 150 Mbps down and only get 10Mbps up, I need more upload speed. I live stream and 10 Mbps isn't enough for good stable quality.

You can see if Comcast Fiber internet is available. Its about $1000 for the install and $299 a month with a 3 year agreement. I think the top plan is 2 Gbps. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 hours ago, Remix said:

I'm curious as to what platform you Live Stream on. Twitch and Beam both limit you to 3500 kbps (3.5 Mbps), Twitch will let you stream at a higher bitrate but will eventually find out... and warn you. Beam will not accept anything past 3500 kbps. YouTube recommends 1080p @ 60fps to be between 4,500 (4.5 Mbps) and 9,000 kbps (9 Mbps). If you have a 10 Mbps service, you're getting a 20% overhead on both download and upload. Essentially giving you 3 Mbps to spare. Granted watching the stream, gaming, etc... will utilize upload, games do not utilize that much. My guess would be between .25 and .5 Mbps in both directions with the difference being initial loading using slightly more download speed. 

There are a few websites which will let you lookup which ISPs are available by zip code. Last time I was in Maryland I was on Comcast, though I believe FiOS is available in select areas. 

YouTube. I stream with ReLive (used to use OBS) and I tried 10 Mbps bit rate and that causes weird video distortion but anything lower youtube gives me an error saying " Video output low, youtube is not receiving enough data to maintain smooth streaming, as such viewers will experience buffering " and idk why, youtube doesn't have support for smaller channels so I can't get help, it causes my streams to have like a weird blocky pixely effect on them and the streams crash often or just disconnect and reconnect.

CPU

Oh yea I should add 720p60, I don't even do 1080p, so idk why youtube be complainin' I'm half tempted to move to twitch but I'll probably lose a lot of my viewers.

CPU

Do you use OBS? What setting do you have for encoding? If you're encoding too quick, that'll explain the blocks. If you set it to a slower method of encoding (uses more CPU) it'll result in a much smoother stream. It's your decision CPU power or bandwidth, and if you don't have the availability for a faster provider (fiber based likely), you probably will be better off using CPU power.

Regards,

Remix

11 minutes ago, Remix said:

Do you use OBS? What setting do you have for encoding? If you're encoding too quick, that'll explain the blocks. If you set it to a slower method of encoding (uses more CPU) it'll result in a much smoother stream. It's your decision CPU power or bandwidth, and if you don't have the availability for a faster provider (fiber based likely), you probably will be better off using CPU power.

Well ReLive uses the GPU, in my case my 480, using the HVENC encoder which I think translates to like H265 or something? I stopped using OBS because there's far too many different settings to change and customize and I can never get a smooth stream. I usually avoid using my CPU to encode as that + gaming causes my usage to get to 100% which causes in game stutters resulting in poor playing and streaming experience.

CPU

12 hours ago, OnionRings said:

Well ReLive uses the GPU, in my case my 480, using the HVENC encoder which I think translates to like H265 or something? I stopped using OBS because there's far too many different settings to change and customize and I can never get a smooth stream. I usually avoid using my CPU to encode as that + gaming causes my usage to get to 100% which causes in game stutters resulting in poor playing and streaming experience.

I have never used ReLive before, so I cannot speak on behalf. My recommendation is you get more aggressive encoding, and if the GPU can encode... that's great, use that. If you have the option to encode more heavily, do it. It adds a slight latency, but it smooths out the stream. Unless you have a fiber optic provider in your immediate area, you'll most likely be stuck with Comcast. I know in some markets Comcast sells an Extreme package (Extreme 250 or Extreme 300) but after looking online, it doesn't seem to be in Maryland. Comcast Gigabit Pro is available in Baltimore and Middle River (possibly more locations too), but that requires you to be within half a mile of fiber... as well as pay $300+/month for the service, with an install of $1,000 minimum. Aside from that... it sounds like you'll have to resort to a better GPU to encode with, and more aggressive encoding.

Regards,

Remix

Don't stream at 60FPS. You don't need it.

Low bitrates shared between more frames results in more compression, and a blocky and pixelated image.

7 hours ago, Remix said:

I have never used ReLive before, so I cannot speak on behalf. My recommendation is you get more aggressive encoding, and if the GPU can encode... that's great, use that. If you have the option to encode more heavily, do it. It adds a slight latency, but it smooths out the stream. Unless you have a fiber optic provider in your immediate area, you'll most likely be stuck with Comcast. I know in some markets Comcast sells an Extreme package (Extreme 250 or Extreme 300) but after looking online, it doesn't seem to be in Maryland. Comcast Gigabit Pro is available in Baltimore and Middle River (possibly more locations too), but that requires you to be within half a mile of fiber... as well as pay $300+/month for the service, with an install of $1,000 minimum. Aside from that... it sounds like you'll have to resort to a better GPU to encode with, and more aggressive encoding.

Well my 480 is all I can get my hands on for now and I think I already have the most aggressive encoder available for ReLive, as I said I can go back to OBS but OBS was the same, maybe YouTube is just too picky, it is still in beta.

CPU

3 hours ago, Emmien said:

Don't stream at 60FPS. You don't need it.

Low bitrates shared between more frames results in more compression, and a blocky and pixelated image.

But sitty ef pee ess is so sexy to watch

CPU