My new PC is not working as it should

Hi, a couple of weeks ago I posted this on the PC Master Race Reddit and no one helped me. I started watching Linus videos and I trust much more in this community so here is the original post:

"Hello everyone, first of all I would like to clarify that I do not usually post anything here so I do not know if it is the appropriate place to ask for help on this subject, but as I will explain below I am using it as a last resort.

A little over three months ago I bought a GTX 1070 G1. At first I just wanted to change the graphics card, but the performance of my PC was not even close to what it had to be, so I gradually changed my components until, finally, there is nothing left of the original PC except of a disc player and 1TB hard drive that I use as a secondary hard drive. The last thing I changed was the hard drive, for an SSD, and that was what almost fixed the problem. At first I could not move almost any new generation game with max settings, now those problems have disappeared except for four games in particular:

1. Titanfall: It's perfect on in almost any map except in some, where it drops to 50FPS. These maps are usually those with water or some special feature like more vegetation etc.

2. Assassin's Creed Syndicate: After the latest update of Nvidia drivers it works much better, I still have to put the Antialiasing in FXAA and the quality of the environment very high so that it runs at 60 FPS and they also go down.

3. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Campaign): I play at max settings, but there are lag spikes and frame drops to 50FPS or sometimes lower.

4. Far Cry 4: I have had to lower the Antialiasing to SMAA and the shadows to Ultra for it to work well, but still, it bothers me not being able to play it to the maximum.

There are some other minimal problems when going fast in Batman Arkham Knight and GTAV but they are almost not noticeable. On the other hand I can play games like Battlefield 4 and Black Ops 3 at max settings and I have no problems. If you need any other information to identify the problem with those games please tell me.

My specifications are as follows: - GTX 1070 G1 - i7-6700K - 8GB RAM (Kingston FuryX 2133Mhz) - SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB SATA3 - ASUS Aura b150 Pro Gaming Aura Board - Tacens Valeo V 800W 80 Plus Silver Modular Power Supply

Sorry for my bad English, but I'm not native. I hope it has been understandable and you can help me, after spending so much money on the PC Master Race it feels terrible not to be unconcerned about the games going smoothly.

I also did a 3dMark benchmark: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/11099475

Greetings.

EDIT: I'm running the latest version of Windows 10, I always play at 1080p and I think I have the latest drivers for everything, but I only updated manually the graphics card. For example I didn't use the instalation disc for the motherboard but I trust Windows Update updated it."

Now I have tried Battlefield 1 and in some maps with fog the frames drop. After that I decided to overclock my graphics card and my CPU and the game runs much better, but it still bothers me. And other thing, when I overclocked my i7-6700k following Linus' video I couldn't overclock it passed the 4'2Mhz. Thanks for helping.

5 minutes ago, Nicolike said:

EDIT: I'm running the latest version of Windows 10, I always play at 1080p and I think I have the latest drivers for everything, but I only updated manually the graphics card. For example I didn't use the instalation disc for the motherboard but I trust Windows Update updated it."

Never, EVER let windows install the drivers for anything.  you probably have ancient drivers.  go to the Nvidia site and get proper ones.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

4 minutes ago, MedievalMatt said:

Never, EVER let windows install the drivers for anything.  you probably have ancient drivers.  go to the Nvidia site and get proper ones.

Yes, as I said, I installed "manually" the graphics card drivers from GeForce Experience.

6 minutes ago, Nicolike said:

Yes, as I said, I installed "manually" the graphics card drivers from GeForce Experience.

If your using geforce experience try turning it off.  I had been using it and noticed it regularly was crashing my games.  I dont know that its entirely stable.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

7 minutes ago, Nicolike said:

-snip-

When you changed from the 1TB drive to the SSD, did you clone the drive? Or did you clean install Windows 10?

2 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

When you changed from the 1TB drive to the SSD, did you clone the drive? Or did you clean install Windows 10?

I clean installed Windows 10 in the SSD and formatted both before that.

4 minutes ago, MedievalMatt said:

If your using geforce experience try turning it off.  I had been using it and noticed it regularly was crashing my games.  I dont know that its entirely stable.

What do you mean by turning it off? Uninstalling it or from the task manager or what?

2 minutes ago, Nicolike said:

I clean installed Windows 10 in the SSD and formatted both before that.

Okay, do you have MSI Afterburner installed? What are the GPU clocks / GPU usage while gaming?

And CPU usage?

Just now, Himommies said:

are temps ok

Yes, I think so. 50-60ºC playing overwatch for example. And I remember they were ok in the problematic games.

12 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Okay, do you have MSI Afterburner installed? What are the GPU clocks / GPU usage while gaming?

And CPU usage?

Sorry for the language, ask me for any translation.

82bc9da2b81e28f1c8b70d7f8312398a.png

bef6989b5e45e3e6e031353a8bd6c03d.jpg

All the games mentioned are horribly optimised. But I would use DDU and try another manual download,  this time not installing the GeForce experience. Then disable the gameplay recording in Xbox Live. Open Xbox Live (for windows) and turn off game recording.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

6 minutes ago, Nicolike said:

-snip-

Hmm, can you find GPU Usage / GPU Clock? On your image, you have power %. You might have to scroll down.

Also, I see that you started overclocking (looking at your GPU Clock Clock offset). You can unlock Core Voltage by going to settings (Gear icon) -> General -> Compatibility Properties -> Check "Unlock Voltage Control" and "Unlock Voltage Monitoring". You can then add more voltage to raise the core clock higher.

I would recommend a DDU and reinstall of the drivers though.

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

All the games mentioned are horribly optimised. But I would use DDU and try another manual download,  this time not installing the GeForce experience. Then disable the gameplay recording in Xbox Live. Open Xbox Live (for windows) and turn off game recording.

4 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Hmm, can you find GPU Usage / GPU Clock? On your image, you have power %. You might have to scroll down.

Also, I see that you started overclocking (looking at your GPU Clock Clock offset). You can unlock Core Voltage by going to settings (Gear icon) -> General -> Compatibility Properties -> Check "Unlock Voltage Control" and "Unlock Voltage Monitoring". You can then add more voltage to raise the core clock higher.

I would recommend a DDU and reinstall of the drivers though.

I'll try those things. Should I do the voltage thingie? And how many voltage do I allocate?

Just now, Nicolike said:

-snip-

This is only if you want to increase the core clock more though. You can drag it to 100% and nothing bad will actually happen. You should be able to break 2.1GHz with the voltage offset.

1 hour ago, App4that said:

Only AC Syndicate is unoptimized from that list. I think part of the problem is running things like shadow on ultra.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

11 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Only AC Syndicate is unoptimized from that list. I think part of the problem is running things like shadow on ultra.

Wut? Nah bro, look again. It's not Titan Fall 2 but Titan Fall. Primal is a disaster, reminds me of Deus Ex. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

54 minutes ago, App4that said:

Wut? Nah bro, look again. It's not Titan Fall 2 but Titan Fall. Primal is a disaster, reminds me of Deus Ex. 

I don't remember the 1st TitanFall being hard to run though. Also, he mentioned 4, not Primal. I don't think Primal is unoptimized though from what I've seen.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

15 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I don't remember the 1st TitanFall being hard to run though.

Only when the Ambient Occlusion was added by Nvidia did my FPS suddenly tank a bit in that game.

Was Maxing it out flawlessly on the GTX970 for months, I played it often, then after the update I had to remove AO (Game Maxed out prior to patch) to hold the same performance. 60-70% GPU usage to full usage and dropping under 60fps as well.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, kuleted said:

Is your 1070 running in pcie 16x gen 3?

It should.

Just now, Nicolike said:

It should.

Can you check in your bios?  When I first got my 970 it was running in pcie 4x, preventing many of my games from going above 60 fps at reasonable settings. Sometimes windows power saving features can cause pcie devices to run at a lower pcie specificatoion.

1 minute ago, kuleted said:

Can you check in your bios?  When I first got my 970 it was running in pcie 4x, preventing many of my games from going above 60 fps at reasonable settings.

There are only two places in which I can connect the card and they are both the correct one, I just checked the manual :P

As mentioned XBOX DVR fucks up fps on some games really good, disable it, if you google you can quickly find a way through registry so you don't have to logging if you don't want to on xbox.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

As mentioned XBOX DVR fucks up fps on some games really good, disable it, if you google you can quickly find a way through registry so you don't have to logging if you don't want to on xbox.

I'll inform you guys if that helps, thank you very much <3