You opinion on my budget build

Marc Tristant

Hello, I was looking for opinions on my budget build. Where I live computer parts are fairly expensive so don't just say "you can get a better deal on this". I know my CPU bottlenecks my PC but I chose a motherboard that supports the i7-6700k so I can easily upgrade in the future. I am waiting for the release of the i7-7700k to see if it is compatible with my system (I don't think it will be compatible). Oh and BTW the case I am using Is actually the Cooler Master CM 590 III which is NOT on PcPartPicker. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MarcTV-25/saved/xc8999

A GTX 1060 6GB is overkill for this build, drop it down to a GTX 1050Ti 4GB. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

A GTX 1060 6GB is overkill for this build, drop it down to a GTX 1050Ti 4GB. 

I forgot to mention I am using it for gaming. I know the CPU bottlenecks but I will upgrade in the near future

Also remember, if you are planning on upgrading to a 6700k in the future, you will probably want to get a Z170 motherboard so you can take advantage of the unlocked multiplier of the 6700k so you can overclock, as H110M motherboards do not allow overclocking. Otherwise, you would be better off upgrading to a 6700 non-K to save some money, if you don't plan to overclock, or buy an overclockable motherboard. 

CPU Intel Core i7-8700k @ 5.0Ghz  GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition  MOBO Asus STRIX Z370-E RAM 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3000Mhz Storage 480GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU Corsair RM650x Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 Case Fractal Design Meshify C

2 minutes ago, Marc Tristant said:

I forgot to mention I am using it for gaming. I know the CPU bottlenecks but I will upgrade in the near future

If you're waiting for the i7-7700K, and just want to game, just get the 6600k. There's not going to be any performance hit as hyperthreading does almost nothing in games. Saves you a nice chunk of money too. 

1 minute ago, zRinn said:

Also remember, if you are planning on upgrading to a 6700k in the future, you will probably want to get a Z170 motherboard so you can take advantage of the unlocked multiplier of the 6700k so you can overclock, as H110M motherboards do not allow overclocking. Otherwise, you would be better off upgrading to a 6700 non-K to save some money, if you don't plan to overclock, or buy an overclockable motherboard. 

Yeah I was considering upgrading just to the i5-6500 non k

Just now, Marc Tristant said:

Yeah I was considering upgrading just to the i5-6500 non k

That would make a lot more sense, and it would save you a lot of money. :)

CPU Intel Core i7-8700k @ 5.0Ghz  GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition  MOBO Asus STRIX Z370-E RAM 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3000Mhz Storage 480GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU Corsair RM650x Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 Case Fractal Design Meshify C

2 minutes ago, RektSkrubs said:

If you're waiting for the i7-7700K, and just want to game, just get the 6600k. There's not going to be any performance hit as hyperthreading does almost nothing in games. Saves you a nice chunk of money too. 

Yeah i just reconsidered and im going to upgrade to the i5-6500

5 minutes ago, Marc Tristant said:

Yeah i just reconsidered and im going to upgrade to the i5-6500

I would personally go with the 6600k just so I could overclock, I don't know about your budget but I picked mine up for $180 new at microcenter.

could save a bit of money by getting the cx450m. also $58 for a single 8gb ram stick seems expensive, 2x4gb's may be cheaper

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

could save a bit of money by getting the cx450m. also $58 for a single 8gb ram stick seems expensive, 2x4gb's may be cheaper

A single 8gb stick would allow for an upgrade to 16gb to be easier and cheaper later.

1 minute ago, zRinn said:

A single 8gb stick would allow for an upgrade to 16gb to be easier and cheaper later.

Even so, $58 for a single 8gb stick is over priced.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

1. The Corsair CX Lineup is pretty shoddily built. 

2. Getting 1 ram stick will mean he can upgrade later by adding more

3 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Yes, however I think it would still be a better idea to have one 8gb stick, whether it is that one or a different one.

5 minutes ago, RektSkrubs said:

1. The Corsair CX Lineup is pretty shoddily built. 

2. Getting 1 ram stick will mean he can upgrade later by adding more

1. No they're not, the grey label ones are perfectly fine to be used in low-mid tier gaming PC's

2. I agree with that.

Edit - I just noticed you put CX, if you do mean CX and not CXm, then i agree they're pretty shoddy, should be avoided unless its a super budget build, but even then theres normally better options at their price.

6 minutes ago, zRinn said:

Actually the 2x4gb in my country are 20 dolars more expensive (same speed)