Problems with my new pcie wifi card

Teodes

Hi, i buy a  TP-LINK TL-WN881ND since i was having internet problems with my old usb wifi card (D-LINK DWA-125)

I was expecting an upgrade but that never happend, i cant use ethernet conecction because the modem is in my neighbors house, the wifi works great on my smart tv and smartphones, but in my pc is innestable, sometimes it disconnect for no reason, now i have both connected to my pc (usb and pcie cards), i unnable the pcie for the momment, this could be a problem with the configuration? or the one that i just got isnt working as it is supossed to do?

When i use the pcie wifi card i get errors like "limited conection" or that it dosnt find the wifi that im trying to connect

sorry for my bad english, if you need more information please ask me, i really want it to work

Why did you upgrade your router if its cheaper to get a new Wifi Dogle?

What is the distance of your TV/Smartphone in comparison to the PC? is it closer or further away?

Limited Connection mostly means that it has a connection but is missing something, like a DNS address or dosent get an address at all (check for the IP address your PC has over the PCIe adaptor, if it is 169.something you have a dhcp problem)

Is there a static IP configured on your PICe adaptor?

the distance of my smarphone and tv is the same distance from my pc to the modem, when i use the windows option to look for problems usually says that theres is a problem with the DNS adress, other times just says that there was a problem with the access point, router or modem.

My main problem with the PCIe card is that it dosnt find the wifi that i use (while the old usb does find), i try using my smartphone as an access point to see if it gets good signal from the internet of my phone company and it dosnt work neither, so im starting to think that it might be a factory problem

And when im using the pcie card another wifi appears, its called "NetworkProfile", but is the same wifi that i normally use but with other name

For example, right now the icon un my toolbar says that everything is working perfect and with good signal, but i dont have conection, 

About the IP, when i use the PCIe wifi card the IP starts with 169, but when i use the usb the IP starts with 192.

It says that im conected to internet in IPv4 but that i have no conection in IPv6

I dont know if there is a static IP configured, the drivers and utilities are really basic, they dont allow me to change much in the configuration, i did got a couple errors about wrong IP configuration (using pcie card), but they are random, sometime is that, and other times is just other things.

Some of this problems could be solved if the modem was closer to my pc?

You think that i should change it because it might be damaged?

Thank you for your help, i really need to solve this problem

7 hours ago, harry4742 said:

Your PCIE card dosent get a signal, your USB does

that means that it just dosnt get the signal of the wifi im trying to use or is it damaged?

On 1.1.2017 at 9:01 AM, Teodes said:

that means that it just dosnt get the signal of the wifi im trying to use or is it damaged?

you can test it, open a hotspot on your phone and if you can see that network it works