Gaming Audio

nickbickerstaff

no, not at all. Try again

read FAQ and audio forum more before we have to try and bombard you with recommendations you will probably end up ignoring and deciding on what you like on your own.

which is good.

Error: 410

Nope.jpg

Instead of spending $200 on a soundcard and ~$100ish on a headset, you should do the opposite at least. Also, Good headphones + separate Mic > any gaming headset.

Nope.jpg

Instead of spending $200 on a soundcard and ~$100ish on a headset, you should do the opposite at least. Also, Good headphones + separate Mic > any gaming headset.

More like $300 on headphones and no soundcard.

I'm glad we haven't seen Beats headphones + iphone/ipod as a 'mp3 player combo' thread yet.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

I'm glad we haven't seen Beats headphones + iphone/ipod as a 'mp3 player combo' thread yet.

Soul Republic and a dick sound way worse then that, if you going to do it wrong, do it wrong right. 

Okay so lets say I get some AD700x or ath-m50s would I still benefit from a soundcard?

Okay so lets say I get some AD700x or ath-m50s would I still benefit from a soundcard?

No, and the AD700x is a lot better.

So I wouldn't hear I difference whether I plugged them into on-board audio vs a Xonar sound card?

So I wouldn't hear I difference whether I plugged them into on-board audio vs a Xonar sound card?

Depends if you're wearing the headphones when you unplug from onboard to the soundcard. You will definitely hear the connection when you unplug and plug.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

Sure you would, but the Xonar wouldn't always be better. Even ignoring that, the price/performance of a soundcard is the reason we generally don't recommend them. When you consider something like a FiiO E10 is ~$70, and an O2 + ODAC is ~$250, you start to see that there's little reason for a soundcard.

Okay so would DT770 80ohm with on board audio and a blue snowball be a good choice?

Yes!

Okay so would DT770 80ohm with on board audio and a blue snowball be a good choice?

Can't vouch for the snowball but the DT770 is bretty good :D. I personally use my E10 with it, never bothered with onboard. If you find it doesn't get loud enough then get an e10 and #youregood #gg #hhashtag #:DD

Okay haha, if I were to buy a Fiio e10 would i still buy the 80ohm version or the 250?

Okay haha, if I were to buy a Fiio e10 would i still buy the 80ohm version or the 250?

up2um8. I think the 250 ohm version is cheaper but you have much better luck getting the 80ohm to work well and get loud enough on your onboard over 250. 250 you definitely need an amplifier for that.

I'm sure that we'll see that one day :(

Soul Republic and a dick sound way worse then that, if you going to do it wrong, do it wrong right. 

SOL republic aren't worse than beats, they are by no means worth the price tag but not as overpriced as beats.

And you can't plug them into a dick,  I've tried and the static is way too bad. :unsure:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

SOL republic aren't worse than beats, they are by no means worth the price tag but not as overpriced as beats.

And you can't plug them into a dick,  I've tried and the static is way too bad. :unsure:

Which would make them worse then Beats, since the Beats would have a static-less playback off a dick.