Folding with Quadro?

Go to solution Solved by RankUpGamers,

According to a post on overclockers "Quadro cards are allowed. Any card that supports CUDA is allowed."

Currently I have a leftover Quadro ,K6000 from my workstation.

I want to get into some FaH and want to know if I can use it for folding.

I plan to use basically an old 2 proc ws for folding, 

Current specs:

Dual Xeon E3's

64gb ram

1 Quadro K6000

Thanks!

I'm interested to see the PPD of that Quadro, but I don't know if the F@H client support the Quadro's

Intel i7 3770K 4.2 Ghz / Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Sabertooth Z77 - 2x4 GB Patriot Viper 2133 Mhz
60 GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe - 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 - 500 GB WD Caviar Blue
EVGA GTX 780 SLI -Corsair HX 1000W - Lian Li T60

A leftover Quadro 6000?! Get 3 more and you would have the ultimate gaming machine.

I already have 2 installed in my ws, honestly all they are good for in gaming is lots of textures, I prefer the GTX's really.

I'm interested to see the PPD of that Quadro, but I don't know if the F@H client support the Quadro's

That's what i'm worried about

Can i have your job?

I work as an Indie Game Dev...... The WS was a gift from my parents for an old job I had as a 3D Designer with Solidworks, I still use it for things like Maya and 3dsMax, and some solidworks when I want to 3d print stuff

Also, could i mine BitCoins, I wonder how many MH/S i can get.....

According to a post on overclockers "Quadro cards are allowed. Any card that supports CUDA is allowed."

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

Currently I have a leftover Quadro ,K6000 from my workstation.

I want to get into some FaH and want to know if I can use it for folding.

I plan to use basically an old 2 proc ws for folding, 

Current specs:

Dual Xeon E3's

64gb ram

1 Quadro K6000

Thanks!

You mean Dual Xeon E5-26XX series right?because the E3 and E5-16XX is only single processor config.

You mean Dual Xeon E5-26XX series right?because the E3 and E5-16XX is only single processor config.

No, its the E3, with 2 boards. As I said, its an old setup

No, its the E3, with 2 boards. As I said, its an old setup

Old setup with Xeon E3s ... sure ... and a spare K6000.

I think this whole thread is just a troll post.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Old setup with Xeon E3s ... sure ... and a spare K6000.

I think this whole thread is just a troll post.

Really?

I want to fold because my grandparents have Alzheimers.... They don't know they have grandchildren, both have been in the hospital for the past 3 weeks.

Dick move calling it when you don't even know context.

Also, could i mine BitCoins, I wonder how many MH/S i can get.....

Mining bitcoins with graphics cards isn't really profitable anymore. I'd just try to fold on it and see what happens :)

@MrSuperb dude come on, no need to be like that  :(. It doesn't sound like a troll thread at all...

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Really?

I want to fold because my grandparents have Alzheimers.... They don't know they have grandchildren, both have been in the hospital for the past 3 weeks.

Dick move calling it when you don't even know context.

Oh comon ... you are (probably) 15-16 years old and want to tell me that you have a !spare! K6000 (a multi thousand dollar card only announced a few months ago) laying around and a (non existent) dual E3 system and I am the dick?

Oh comon ... you are (probably) 15-16 years old and want to tell me that you have a !spare! K6000 (a multi thousand dollar card only announced a few months ago) laying around and a (non existent) dual E3 system and I am the dick?

-.-

I am 27, and yes, my family may be in the 1% so i can afford these things, so yes you are.

Mining bitcoins with graphics cards isn't really profitable anymore. I'd just try to fold on it and see what happens :)

@MrSuperb dude come on, no need to be like that  :(. It doesn't sound like a troll thread at all...

What about the supposed bitcoin specialized ASCI rigs? are they worth it?

You're kidding me right? A SPARE K6000? Why in the hell isn't it tied to a new Dual Xeon system? 

You're kidding me right? A SPARE K6000? Why in the hell isn't it tied to a new Dual Xeon system? 

I have my main ws with 2 in it. no need. plus, I already have a WS, laptop and desktop....

-.-

I am 27, and yes, my family may be in the 1% so i can afford these things, so yes you are.

Bullshit, you are in high school

I'm not saying you're lying but, if your family was the 1% then I am pretty sure you'd have a better personal rig.

I'm 14 and most defiantly not the 1% and my rig is almost equal to or better than yours, that's all I am saying.

But anyway, OT:

I don't think the K6000 is compatible with Folding@Home, I guess you could test it though.

I'm not saying you're lying but, if your family was the 1% then I am pretty sure you'd have a better personal rig.

I'm 14 and most defiantly not the 1% and my rig is almost equal to or better than yours, that's all I am saying.

But anyway, OT:

I don't think the K6000 is compatible with Folding@Home, I guess you could test it though.

This is the sort of thing that pisses me off. 

I have gotten my answer can a mod lock this please as it is getting close to a flame thread

This is the sort of thing that pisses me off. 

I have gotten my answer can a mod lock this please as it is getting close to a flame thread

Hey, I was just making a valid point, sorry if I angered you.