Slow to no internet connection pc only

Nailroth

Hi! Today i got a unusual issue, on my pc i either have no internet connection or really slow. On my phone every thing works just fine. It worked fine yesterday before i went to bed. I have a 100/100 fiber Broadband connection. When i get to site to do a speed test i shows the speed i pay for i just can't use it on my pc. I did have this issue awhile ago when i tried to install Windows on an old drive i took from an old school laptop.

Seemed like it was locked so you couldent reinstall windows on your own.

I bought a new ssd yesterday and installed it and as above worked fine yesterday.

Sorry for wall of text writing this on my phone as i can't access this site on my pc 

Hi there,

We're gonna need more info.

Could you open a command line and type in the following command: 'ipconfig' (without the quotes). This will show you all the different network adapters installed on the system, and should show us what kind of ip you are getting.

If the ipv4 adress of your ethernet/wifi adapter is like '192.168.Y.X', you should be connected to the network and your pc should have connectivity. This would indicate that either your modem/router is blocked up, but given that your phone doesn't have a problem, it's unclear whether your router / modem could be the problem.

If the ipv4 adress is either 10.x.y.z or 169.x.y.z, that would indicate that your router / dhcp server hasn't set a proper ip up for your computer.

It's also possible that your pc's traffic is being blocked on the router, via MAC or that you have set a static ip on your machine, that conflicts with a different device in the network.

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Trying to upload a picture to my google drive of the command prompt so i can show it.

Capture.PNG

It seems to have fixed it self, i went and tested without the router and it worked fine and was going to reset the router but when i put all the cables back in the router i now have internet connection on my pc. i wonder what was the cause of this. it couldn't be a loose cable as then i would not have fine connection on my phone over wifi.

9 minutes ago, Nailroth said:

Trying to upload a picture to my google drive of the command prompt so i can show it.

<SNIP>

Hum, you should have network connection at least. And seeing as your wifi isn't broken, you should be able to access the internet from your modem.

Although I do notice that the subnet mask of your machine is off from what is the case in most installs.

Normally the network is only specified by the first 16 bits. Yours is set to 24 bits..

But the fact that you probably uploaded this picture from the affected pc, doesn't mean your traffic gets misrouted. Because if so, you would have 0 download capabilities. (Upload is fine because all you need to know from the router to upload data to the network is the default gateway. The network handles the rest of routing) Download is affected since you need to match the ip on the incoming data to your specific machine. That matching is based on the ip (in this case it would be 192.168.1.72) and the subnet mask.

To make myself clear, i'm unsure why it would cause you to have SLOW internet. If the problem really is what I see, it's gonna result in NO internet. Shortly said: No clue what the exact problem is. :/

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Giving some life back to this topic. Today i have the same issue. I tried to reset my router but it didn't change anything. The picture of the ipconfig was uploaded to this site from my phone as this site is not on of the sites i can access on my pc. Youtube is about the only site i can access but it takes a few minutes but i cant watch any videos 

27 minutes ago, Nailroth said:

Giving some life back to this topic. Today i have the same issue. I tried to reset my router but it didn't change anything. The picture of the ipconfig was uploaded to this site from my phone as this site is not on of the sites i can access on my pc. Youtube is about the only site i can access but it takes a few minutes but i cant watch any videos 

Are you using the latest drivers? If so. Then installing antiviru and  anti-malware. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Issue is not with drivers as it works just fine as long as i skip the router. antivirus and malware installed and runned scans with nothing found. i guess just have to live without wifi for my phone and run without router.