Phone won't turn on after unlocking bootloader

JorenBus

So I wanted to give rooting a try, and it miserabely failed at the first attempt.

I managed to unlock the bootloader, then I went into settings to enable USB debugging and all that, turned off my phone and now I can't seem to turn it on again.

Powerbutton + volume up doesn't do anything either.

Any tips?

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

4 minutes ago, H4X3R said:

What phone?

Oneplus 3

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

13 minutes ago, JorenBus said:

Oneplus 3

why didn't u just download kingroot or super user to root? does it not turn on at all or do you get some signs of life then it dies

25 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

why didn't u just download kingroot or super user to root? does it not turn on at all or do you get some signs of life then it dies

Ok well I got it fixed now but now I have another problem.

I didn't know I needed to have the custom ROM on my phone itself, I thought I could activate it when it was on my PC.

But in the meantime I've done a wipe in the recovery screen, so I have no OS anymore.

When I try to do a restore (I did a restore before I started all this) it gets stuck at the boot menu.

Ideas?

1 hour ago, JorenBus said:

Ok well I got it fixed now but now I have another problem.

I didn't know I needed to have the custom ROM on my phone itself, I thought I could activate it when it was on my PC.

But in the meantime I've done a wipe in the recovery screen, so I have no OS anymore.

When I try to do a restore (I did a restore before I started all this) it gets stuck at the boot menu.

Ideas?

If you can enter the recovery, do so. I don't know what kind of recovery you have, but search for an option like ADB Sideload. That will get you going :)

48 minutes ago, jkristof94 said:

If you can enter the recovery, do so. I don't know what kind of recovery you have, but search for an option like ADB Sideload. That will get you going :)

Allright now my problem is fixed but another problem came in its place.

Everytime I try to install the ROM it says "error: updater process ended with ERROR:7. Error installing zip file." and then it just stops.

Any ideas? I've tried downloading the ROM from a different location, still the same.

49 minutes ago, JorenBus said:

Allright now my problem is fixed but another problem came in its place.

Everytime I try to install the ROM it says "error: updater process ended with ERROR:7. Error installing zip file." and then it just stops.

Any ideas? I've tried downloading the ROM from a different location, still the same.

Happy to hear you have Sideload. Next up, please write all the details you have so we can work this out :)

Is the recovery the original or simething like TWRP or Cyanogenmod recovery?

What ROM are you trying to install, and where did you acquire it from. Where exactly does the install fail? Some pictures would be also appreciated. Hope I can help.

1 minute ago, jkristof94 said:

Happy to hear you have Sideload. Next up, please write all the details you have so we can work this out :)

Is the recovery the original or simething like TWRP or Cyanogenmod recovery?

What ROM are you trying to install, and where did you acquire it from. Where exactly does the install fail? Some pictures would be also appreciated. Hope I can help.

I basically followed this guide: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-3-how-to-unlock-bootloader-flash-twrp-root-nandroid-efs-backup-and-more.448149/

I was trying to install Sultan's CM13 ROM.

The error comes up when I tried to install the ROM. Wiping everything didn't help either. 

Thanks for the help, but I just flashed stock OxygenOS 3.2.8 again, and that worked flawlessly for some reason.

I will be RMA-ing my phone anyway because of bad battery life and they should pick it up within 2 days.

1 minute ago, JorenBus said:

I basically followed this guide: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-3-how-to-unlock-bootloader-flash-twrp-root-nandroid-efs-backup-and-more.448149/

I was trying to install Sultan's CM13 ROM.

The error comes up when I tried to install the ROM. Wiping everything didn't help either. 

Thanks for the help, but I just flashed stock OxygenOS 3.2.8 again, and that worked flawlessly for some reason.

I will be RMA-ing my phone anyway because of bad battery life and they should pick it up within 2 days.

Sad to hear you could not succeed with the custom ROM. Is bad battery life a regular thing with the OP3? I was considering buying it.

31 minutes ago, jkristof94 said:

Sad to hear you could not succeed with the custom ROM. Is bad battery life a regular thing with the OP3? I was considering buying it.

Well the phone is suppossed to have pretty decent battery life, but I reguraly only got 3 hours of SOT with light usage. Other users have reported at least 4-5 hours with heavy usage, that's why I decided to RMA it.

The phone itself is fucking amazing though, really snappy, fast, nice screen,...

Also, if you're planning on buying a OnePlus device, might as well get the OnePlus 3T, that's suppossed to have amazing battery life.

1 hour ago, JorenBus said:

Well the phone is suppossed to have pretty decent battery life, but I reguraly only got 3 hours of SOT with light usage. Other users have reported at least 4-5 hours with heavy usage, that's why I decided to RMA it.

The phone itself is fucking amazing though, really snappy, fast, nice screen,...

Also, if you're planning on buying a OnePlus device, might as well get the OnePlus 3T, that's suppossed to have amazing battery life.

Thank you for your information :)