Memory problem 3,90gb out of 8gb in use?

stianm3

hello my friend got this Memory problem 3,90gb out of 8gb in use and i have tried everything i could think of to fix it going into bios trying to downclock it to se if that is a problem i was in Msconfig tried to run windows on max memory i switched the memory sticks for some of my memory that i used in the same setup before nothing is happening bios is just reading that there is 4gb windows reads 8gb but uses 3,9gb 

i have checked mutiple times the windows is x64 Cpu is x64 non of the parts should limit the ram to 3.90  

could anyone help us ? :) sorry for my non grammar english if there is a point you have problems understanding please tell me so and i will correct it as best as i can :)

amd fx8350

asus m97 r2.0

latest bios update

Windows 10 x64

thanks

sQuat

Cpu: intel i7 4790k    Motherboard: MSI GAMING 5   GPU:Nvidia GTX 980Ti   PSU: Corsair AX 760 PSU  RAM:Crucial DDR3 Ballistix Tactical 24GB RG  SSD: OZC Vertex 4 128GB  HDD: 2x1tb WD  Case: Thermaltake Level 10GT Snow edition! 

3 minutes ago, stianm3 said:

hello my friend got this Memory problem 3,90gb out of 8gb in use and i have tried everything i could think of to fix it going into bios trying to downclock it to se if that is a problem i was in Msconfig tried to run windows on max memory i switched the memory sticks for some of my memory that i used in the same setup before nothing is happening bios is just reading that there is 4gb windows reads 8gb but uses 3,9gb 

i have checked mutiple times the windows is x64 Cpu is x64 non of the parts should limit the ram to 3.90  

could anyone help us ? :) sorry for my non grammar english if there is a point you have problems understanding please tell me so and i will correct it as best as i can :)

thanks

sQuat

your system dosen't need to use all of the 8gb of ram thtas all 

System specs, pls (CPU/MB/RAM/BIOS/OS).

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

3 hours ago, agent_x007 said:

System specs, pls (CPU/MB/RAM/BIOS/OS).

amd fx8350

asus m97 r2.0

latest update

old corsair vengiance or what its called 2x4gb

Windows 10 x64

Cpu: intel i7 4790k    Motherboard: MSI GAMING 5   GPU:Nvidia GTX 980Ti   PSU: Corsair AX 760 PSU  RAM:Crucial DDR3 Ballistix Tactical 24GB RG  SSD: OZC Vertex 4 128GB  HDD: 2x1tb WD  Case: Thermaltake Level 10GT Snow edition!