Trip to Japan (Help)

FinestRyeBread
Just now, dragoon20005 said:

usually its a yukata and for guys the design is simple vs the gurls ones

I forget which is which

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

1 minute ago, FinestRyeBread said:

I forget which is which

yukata looks like this

img62431015.jpg

Kimono

4529945223f1ff4a3388bfa8d6304ba9.jpg

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Just now, FinestRyeBread said:

I forget which is which

Yukatas is a informal type of clothing, worn usually at any type of festivals.

Kimonos is a formal type of clothing, worn at special or formal occasions.

Easy way to rememeber:

Yukata: Informal

Kimono: Formal

yukata looks like this

img62431015.jpg

Kimono

4529945223f1ff4a3388bfa8d6304ba9.jpg

I see (in animus) guys wear yukatas to festivals and such. Kimono to weddings and such

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

I see (in animus) guys wear yukatas to festivals and such. Kimono to weddings and such

yup

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

3 minutes ago, FinestRyeBread said:

I forget which is which

For men, it's pretty easy to recognize:

Kimono

Image result for kimono for men

Yukata

Image result for yukata for men

For women, however, both clothings look very, very similar.

2 hours ago, dragoon20005 said:

yes and kinda hard to find a clinic

so prepare some medication or go to the nearest pharmacy and ask for the required medication.

@FinestRyeBread

Also from what I've read, most (not all, but most) hospitals are closed on the weekends.

COMIC SANS

5 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

@FinestRyeBread

Also from what I've read, most (not all, but most) hospitals are closed on the weekends.

i not sure if this is true or not but the A&E will still be operational no matter what

49 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

i not sure if this is true or not but the A&E will still be operational no matter what

A&E?

A&E?

Accident and Emergency

touches wood should you need to go there

Accident and Emergency

touches wood should you need to go there

I'm certain you bought stuff, do you know any laws about bringing certain items onto planes?

I'm certain you bought stuff, do you know any laws about bringing certain items onto planes?

no fresh meat or seafood on planes

unless they are dried and sealed

i bought tons of snacks back from japan

30 minutes ago, FinestRyeBread said:

On a similar note, Japan is strict with medicine. When visiting, you are only allowed to have (I think) a 30 day supply of any sort of medication. Double check this though. So stuff like sudofed, which is normally a no no, you can bring in so long as you have a limited supply. When I traveled to Germany and Italy, I pretty much lived off of ibuprofen and sudofed when travelling. 

COMIC SANS

A few things that I learned a few years back when I took Japanese in school...

'Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu' - It was nice to meet you.

'Ogenki desu ka' - How are you?

'Genki desu' - I'm fine.

'Anata wa?' - And you?

'Ohayou' (More casual/informal) or 'Ohayou gozaimasu' (More formal) - Good morning.

'Konnichiwa' - Hello.

'Konbanwa' - Good Evening.

'Sayounara' - Goodbye.

'Ja ne' or 'Mata ne' - See you later.

'Doumo arigatou gozaimasu' - Thank you very much.

'Arigatou gozaimasu' - Thank you.

'Doumo' or 'Arigatou' - Thanks.

'Douitashimashite' - You're welcome.

'Tondemonai' - No problem.

'Sumimasen' (Formal) or 'Gomen nasai' (Informal) - Excuse me.

Those were just some of the first few things we learned in the class, it's been a few years since I last was in the class, so I'm not likely going to be of much help on more stuff.

Something to note, Japanese Kanji uses the same letters as Hanzi, so those will be familiar, however they're spoken differently, and meanings are often different as well. Then Japanese also has Hiragana and Katakana to throw into the alphabet mix as well.

Good luck!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W