Will my motherboard bottleneck my cpu?

TechyNoob

So recently i've bought an Amd RX 480 8 gb vram, and I'm wondering if my parts will bottleneck anything, My main parts are an ASROCK H97 Pro4 anniversary edition motherboard, a i5 4460 cpu, RX 480 8gb vram gpu, 8 gigs of ddr3 ram, (looking to upgrade to 16 soon). Will those parts affect my performance of games I play with my gpu/cpu? Thanks in advance.

No, a motherboard will not bottleneck a CPU. Some motherboards are locked below a certain voltage, which can prevent higher-end overclocks, but that's not an issue for a locked 4460.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

No, a motherboard will not bottleneck a CPU. Some motherboards are locked below a certain voltage, which can prevent higher-end overclocks, but that's not an issue for a locked 4460.

Thanks for the info, so the cpu for sure won't bottleneck the gpu? I guess I just expected the gpu to do more since I upgraded from a r9 380, but I have seen much of a difference.

5 hours ago, TechyNoob said:

Thanks for the info, so the cpu for sure won't bottleneck the gpu? I guess I just expected the gpu to do more since I upgraded from a r9 380, but I have seen much of a difference.

No the i5 4460 is a solid CPU. I am having it and does all CPU heavy task such as rendering with ease

6 minutes ago, TechyNoob said:

The RX 480 isn't exactly a powerhouse. Performance-wise, it's somewhere between a GTX 970 and GTX 980, closer to a 980. Your CPU might hold it back in heavily CPU-bound games and at very high framerates (144Hz), but at 1080p60, the 4460 shouldn't bottleneck an RX 480 at all.

What games are you playing, and what kind of temps are your GPU hitting.

2 hours ago, aisle9 said:

The RX 480 isn't exactly a powerhouse. Performance-wise, it's somewhere between a GTX 970 and GTX 980, closer to a 980. Your CPU might hold it back in heavily CPU-bound games and at very high framerates (144Hz), but at 1080p60, the 4460 shouldn't bottleneck an RX 480 at all.

What games are you playing, and what kind of temps are your GPU hitting.

I play Battlefield One, Rust, Gta V, and those are probably the most intensive ones. I'm skeptical on where to find your gpu/cpu temperature, since I don't trust all the links that are sometimes presented.

Just now, TechyNoob said:

I play Battlefield One, Rust, Gta V, and those are probably the most intensive ones. I'm skeptical on where to find your gpu/cpu temperature, since I don't trust all the links that are sometimes presented.

RealTemp and HWMonitor are the two programs I use to check temps (and, for HWMonitor, overall system status).