Helping out with the development of Floatplane Club

Dear Members of the Forum!

With the recent talks about Floatplane Club, and how @Slick, @CatBoiler and others have been working on it with some nice results, I had the idea, that maybe they could use some help with this project. Now I know programming and a little bit of design and would like to help. Can you guys point me to the right direction how I can do so? Also, is anyone else interested in helping them? Please post your thoughts and suggestions, or if you can please reach out to the people who are responsible for the development. Thank you all in advance! @LinusTech @nicklmg

pf

you're not even subscribed to floatplane club

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

2 minutes ago, Litargirio said:

pf

you're not even subscribed to floatplane club

And why does that matter? :)

I think they have enough help from the web devs of the forum.

10 minutes ago, jkristof94 said:

And why does that matter? :)

"I know programming" is the most ambiguous statement you could possibly make and also completely meaningless.

What languages do you know?

How much experience do you have with each one of them?

What projects have you worked on so far?

What other specific technical skills do you have?

Can you show something off that reflects your proficiency in each one of your skills?

Also, try again after christmas and after CES; they won't be looking at the forums much right now.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

1 minute ago, Litargirio said:

"I know programming" is the most ambiguous statement you could possibly make and also completely meaningless?

What languages do you know?

How much experience do you have with each one of them?

What projects have you worked on so far?

What other specific technical skills do you have?

Can you show something off that reflects your proficiency in each one of your skills?

Also, try after christmas and after CES; they won't be looking at the forums much right now.

Thank you for the suggestions.

To answer your questions:
1) Many languages like C, C#, Java, JavaScript etc.
2) About 2 years each
3) More than a few, but i don't think that is really important from the point whether they need help at all or not.

4) UI design, hardware design and manufacturing on a small scale, embedded programming, general debugging skills, etc.

I would need to upload my projects to show some of my work, but again, I don't think that that would be good for anything regarding the post.

12 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I think they have enough help from the web devs of the forum.

Any way to get into those circles?

1 minute ago, jkristof94 said:

Buy their Floatplane subscription?

8 minutes ago, jkristof94 said:

I would guess that by making yourself stand out somehow.

6 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Buy their Floatplane subscription?

I was thinking about that, just I want to know for sure that if I do, I can be part of the dev team.

I was thinking about that, just I want to know for sure that if I do, I can be part of the dev team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

why are you so cheap, it's just 3 dollars...

2 hours ago, Litargirio said:

I would guess that by making yourself stand out somehow.

That is why I started this post. Hoping they will see it, or that I find others who are like-minded.

2 hours ago, Litargirio said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

why are you so cheap, it's just 3 dollars...

You think it is about the money? :)

You think it is about the money? :)

What is it? That you do not really care about the floatplane club and this is all about becoming part of its group of people to fulfill your evil agenda?

Just now, Litargirio said:

What is it? That you do not really care about the floatplane club and this is all about becoming part of its group of people to fulfill your evil agenda?

That I do not understand, so I am just going to ignore it for now :D

As a member of the club, do you have the ability to contribute to its development somehow? Because if as a member you don't, then can you explain why would I buy the subscription? :)

2 hours ago, jkristof94 said:

Because if as a member you don't, then can you explain why would I buy the subscription? :)

So you get the perks that come with it?

2 hours ago, jkristof94 said:

It means that you just want to be let in on all of the confidential information so you can sabotage/dox/ddos the forum. It would make sense seeing as

1. You created this account on Tuesday
  2. Your first post was aking to be let into the dev circle
  3. You don't seem to really know what floatplane is about
  4. You seem way more interested in becoming a dev than in actually helping out
  5. You are unable to make a specific list of your supposed programming languages and keep being ambiguous about it.

3 minutes ago, Litargirio said:

It means that you just want to be let in on all of the confidential information so you can sabotage/dox/ddos the forum. It would make sense seeing as

Ahhh, yes, I understand know. Yeah, well I can't prove that you are wrong, but that does not make you right. I created the account recently, because I don't go around creating profiles until I have something to say. If you find a way to prove that my intentions are good, let me know. Also, I know what floatplane is about, but I am not interested in watching the videos in advance, I am perfectly fine with youtube. I am interested in having something to work on that is programming related and challenging and the development of an online early access platform is both. Also as an added bonus this would help those who have already given so much to us. Also just for fun I am going to ask, what the heck would I gain from sabotaging? o.O (see you in ~8 hours)

6 minutes ago, jkristof94 said:

Also just for fun I am going to ask, what the heck would I gain from sabotaging? o.O (see you in ~8 hours)

Same as what people who DDOS websites gain. Nothing. But they do it anyway.

It's just a conspiracy theory.

But anyway, best of luck.

1 hour ago, Litargirio said:

I never got any confidential informations yet, so the DDOS will have to wait on my side :'( 

6 hours ago, CatBoiler said:

I never got any confidential informations yet, so the DDOS will have to wait on my side :'( 

Great, at least now people won't think that I want to DDOS. I don't know why this paranoia, but ok. Thank you for the reply, and can you answer the original question whether you guys need/want help at all, and if yes, how can someone do so? :)

21 hours ago, jkristof94 said:

As a member of the club, do you have the ability to contribute to its development somehow? Because if as a member you don't, then can you explain why would I buy the subscription? :)

Best things you can do is PM Luke with your suggestions. Or colonel_mortis. Or you can do it like CatBoiler and Eric did, by posting suggestions to Welcome thread on Floatplane forums. But if you don't have actual improvement suggestions, you don't get far.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Best things you can do is PM Luke with your suggestions. Or colonel_mortis. Or you can do it like CatBoiler and Eric did, by posting suggestions to Welcome thread on Floatplane forums. But if you don't have actual improvement suggestions, you don't get far.

Thank you for this information. I think my best bet will be to gather all my suggestions, create the sketches I imagined and just post them to the places suggested.

8 hours ago, Prysin said:

Please stop funding half arsed content or find ways to fund half arsed content 

What do you mean exactly? Could you explain it a bit more? :)