Some bugs I've encounter in the mobile version

Don't know if anyone have encounter it before is already known, here are some of the bugs I've got when using it on mobile.

1. Tags don't work. Most you can create is just 3 and when you do that it bunches up into a single word

For example: bugs, mobile, LTT,  turns to  bugsmobileLTT

2. You can add additional tags without the need to edit the entire topic, by click on the "+" sign next to it, but when you do, the tags do no get saved.

e.g.

*Create topic, added tags, and posted it*

*Did not click on "edit topic", just clicked on the "+" sign next to the tags*

*Add some more tags, click on save*

*Newly added tags does not get saved*

3. When replying with a quote and you tapped into that quote box, you can't get out of it. Need to delete the entire post and start over.

e.g.

This is a quote box with some text from another member

*you accidentally tapped into this area*

Now when you reply, your response is stuck in here, instead of

being outside the quote box like right here. Where it's suppose to be.

Below are not bugs

• Need to add quote feature into mobile
  • Need to support BBCode so it's easier to create topics with special formats when using mobile
  • Need a preview topic before posting feature desktop and mobile

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Need to support BBCode so it's easier to create topics with special formats when using mobile

Not happening lol

I noticed a bug, the highlight text to quote isn't working on the desktop version on chrome mobile

Preview on desktop full editor is already thing. We are still waiting for improvements on smaller editor both on desktop and mobile.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2016 at 9:34 AM, colonel_mortis said:

What OS and browser do you use? @NumLock21

Android and Opera

@LoGiCalDrm

It used to be there for desktop, now it's not.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

9 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

@LoGiCalDrm

I just made the toolbar bigger to change font size, and its still there. Left-most button in full toolset.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:44 AM, NumLock21 said:

Android and Opera

@LoGiCalDrm

IDK. In Edge 14 on Windows 10, it works for me.....

ltt1.PNG

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 25/12/2016 at 5:26 PM, NumLock21 said:

1. Tags don't work. Most you can create is just 3 and when you do that it bunches up into a single word

For example: bugs, mobile, LTT,  turns to  bugsmobileLTT

This is an android-specific issue. For me, a space is left between the words but the comma is still removed, but I think it's all the same issue. This has been reported to the devs.

2. You can add additional tags without the need to edit the entire topic, by click on the "+" sign next to it, but when you do, the tags do no get saved.

e.g.

*Create topic, added tags, and posted it*

*Did not click on "edit topic", just clicked on the "+" sign next to the tags*

*Add some more tags, click on save*

*Newly added tags does not get saved*

This is related to the previous issue. If you tap away (so not in the input or on the button, but still inside the dialog), it will convert them to tags properly, and then work.

Need to add quote feature into mobile

You can quote people. Do you mean the quote this section thing? Unfortunately due to the way android handles selections, it's not technically possible IIRC.

Need to support BBCode so it's easier to create topics with special formats when using mobile

You can enter BBCode and it will be parsed.

Need a preview topic before posting feature desktop and mobile

It is on desktop, but on mobile there isn't much space left on the toolbar and most people wouldn't try to type BBCode on mobile.

HTTP/2 203

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

This is an android-specific issue. For me, a space is left between the words but the comma is still removed, but I think it's all the same issue. This has been reported to the devs.

This problem seems to be fixed. I can now see it's being displayed properly.

This is related to the previous issue. If you tap away (so not in the input or on the button, but still inside the dialog), it will convert them to tags properly, and then work.

This problem is also fixed or I finally managed to learn on how this feature works. I just tap save, thinking it would add the tags automatically. Didn't know I have to tap away so the new tags appears first, and then tap save.

You can quote people. Do you mean the quote this section thing? Unfortunately due to the way android handles selections, it's not technically possible IIRC.

"Quote this section" works fine. I'm saying before, if I do that and accidentally tap into the quote dialogue box, my cursor is stuck inside of it. I cannot bring my cursor out of that dialogue box. So when I type my reply, it made it seem as if it was said by that person. This problem is also fixed. 

You can enter BBCode and it will be parsed.

Testing bbcode

[Bold] this text is bold,[/bold]

strike text

quote text

It is on desktop, but on mobile there isn't much space left on the toolbar and most people wouldn't try to type BBCode on mobile.

After @LoGiCalDrm mentioned, I finally saw it. So yes, preview is there on desktop. I remeber the preview button used to be next to the submit reply button. Imo that would be a better place to put it. 

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

^ bold works too, if you write the code correctly

[b]you see?[/b]

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

This problem seems to be fixed. I can now see it's being displayed properly.

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

This problem is also fixed or I finally managed to learn on how this feature works. I just tap save, thinking it would add the tags automatically. Didn't know I have to tap away so the new tags appears first, and then tap save.

There have been no forum changes since this topic was started, and I can reproduce the issue, so it isn't fixed, you just aren't experiencing it any more.

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

[Bold] this text is bold,[/bold]

bbcode bold is

[b]test[/b]

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

After @LoGiCalDrm mentioned, I finally saw it. So yes, preview is there on desktop. I remeber the preview button used to be next to the submit reply button. Imo that would be a better place to put it. 

That would be a better place to put it, but it can't really be moved because the editor is sort of a standalone component. While that makes sense for posts, there are other places that the editor is used where the preview button can't be next to the submit button, so the devs won't change it.

HTTP/2 203

27 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

^ bold works too, if you write the code correctly

Yes it's working.  I just typed wrong.

26 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

There have been no forum changes since this topic was started, and I can reproduce the issue, so it isn't fixed, you just aren't experiencing it any more.

I don't experience it anymore and yet on your end the problem still exist? How does this forum even work? xD

29 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

That would be a better place to put it, but it can't really be moved because the editor is sort of a standalone component. While that makes sense for posts, there are other places that the editor is used where the preview button can't be next to the submit button, so the devs won't change it.

The preview isn't a big deal. But quote is, would be great to add the quote feature into the editor on mobile and there is a space for it.  

There is space next to the right pointing arrow. The quote will be useful when creating news topics.

Screenshot_2017-01-06-12-49-34.jpg

AMD ThreadRipper 2!