EVGA Cards good? or bad?

R3DOPS
Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,
9 minutes ago, R3DOPS said:

I never had a EVGA product but i was hearing some bad things about the FTW cards frying under lode. my question is shod i still get EVGA products? have they fixed the issue? https://www.twitch.tv/aerosimgaming/v/101518948

They fixed this problem months ago. Just buy a brand new card from a reputable retailer and you'll be fine.

Also I'm a Mercy main ;)

9 minutes ago, R3DOPS said:

I never had a EVGA product but i was hearing some bad things about the FTW cards frying under lode. my question is shod i still get EVGA products? have they fixed the issue? https://www.twitch.tv/aerosimgaming/v/101518948

They fixed this problem months ago. Just buy a brand new card from a reputable retailer and you'll be fine.

Also I'm a Mercy main ;)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Also I'm a Mercy main ;)

Nice !! add me on battle net we can play! 

EVGA has bad quality control,  as evident by their issues as of late. And when you get a bad product they replaced it with something lower and refurbished. Just spent a month fighting them.

Be warned.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

12 minutes ago, App4that said:

EVGA has bad quality control,  as evident by their issues as of late. And when you get a bad product they replaced it with something lower and refurbished. Just spent a month fighting them.

Be warned.

Funny I went to your profile and you own EVGA cards, and if you don't like EVGA why you own 2 cards?

2 minutes ago, PCMR Ricos said:

Funny I went to your profile and you own EVGA cards, and if you don't like EVGA why you own 2 cards?

I've bought a lot from EVGA, they were my go to brand. 

Not anymore,  that's should tell you something. 

Anyone that wants proof of EVGA replacing a product less than a month old with a step lower refurbished product.  Hit me up.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

I've bought a lot from EVGA, they were my go to brand. 

Not anymore,  that's should tell you something. 

Anyone that wants proof of EVGA replacing a product less than a month old with a step lower refurbished product.  Hit me up.

So what brand will you get next? ASUS or MSI with their horrible QC?

Just now, PCMR Ricos said:

So what brand will you get next? ASUS or MSI with their horrible QC?

You risk a problem with any company,  how the company handles the problem is key. Not much experience with ASUS. So far MSI has never been a problem, they sent me an I/O shield for my motherboard I purchased as a display item for free. 

But any given Sunday.  The topic is EVGA and EVGA has not only shipped faulty products,  tried to get away with going cheap on production, but also replacing new products with a step down and refurbished. 

So they are to be avoided if you don't want to take the risk of running into the mess I did.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

You risk a problem with any company,  how the company handles the problem is key. Not much experience with ASUS. So far MSI has never been a problem, they sent me an I/O shield for my motherboard I purchased as a display item for free. 

But any given Sunday.  The topic is EVGA and EVGA has not only shipped faulty products,  tried to get away with going cheap on production, but also replacing new products with a step down and refurbished. 

So they are to be avoided if you don't want to take the risk of running into the mess I did.

Fair enough, I never owned any evga products so I can't really talk, good luck in your next graphics card!

4 minutes ago, PCMR Ricos said:

Fair enough, I never owned any evga products so I can't really talk, good luck in your next graphics card!

Good luck to us all. Sucks we need it.

Good, just like any other reputable brand like Zotac, MSI, Asus, Gigabyte. If you go with EVGA just make sure you buy it from a big retailer, just to make sure you don't get a card pre-fix.