Can you get Minecraft for cheap?

Aereldor

I bought a couple of minecraft accounts (yeah, player accounts) on G2A for pretty much next to nothing (about 3 usd each).

Once I did the transaction I recieved a "code" which said the user and password of said accounts. Then I proceeded to log in on the minecraft website and changed the password and email account associated (on the "lost email" section).

There are two things about this: 1 if the original user of the account would have checked his email and pressed the button "I didn't request for an email change" then he would regain full access of the account, he would also gain it back if he were to file a ticket on the "stolen account" section of the minecraft support website. After 2-4 weeks (I don't remember entirely) he can't go back to the email he had (old mail validity expires after certain time), but he can use the purchase receipt/purchase number+credit card info to recover the account. In my case the accounts seemed to be from people that don't care at all about minecraft or that are pretty much unaware of this (I've been using these accounts for over a year without any issue).

2. This is completely against Minecraft license agreement, mojang accounts and microsoft accounts agreements as well. Basically this is a shady, non-allowed practice. And as I explained on my previous point, it has its risks.

These offers aren't constantly on G2A, I use the website daily to browse for very low prices (many times I just resell all the keys I purchased). it's pretty much buying low, selling high, sometimes I make decent earnings, sometimes I barely make any, but I get to keep the games I do like. 

Usually close to christmas you can see good offers, however you've been warned. 

1 minute ago, NoNamer12345 said:

Its legal, but it is also possible that someone tricks you and gets away with the money (Not being sarcastic). And, why don't you ask your friend to let you use his account? After all, That's what friends are for!

Agreed, you get scammed, so BC when you buy and who you buy from.

5 minutes ago, adithyay328 said:

TBH, your wording of that was not very polite. Also, MC doesn't go anywhere for too cheap, which is why many people have resorted to testing the legal enforcement in their area(AKA breaking the law). Because you want to stay legally green, I don't think you can get MC for cheaper than the retail price on www.minecraft.net. and because of

that, I don't think you can get it for cheap. I'm Indian and live in America, but 1 of my relatives in Hyderabad tried buying it, was too expensive, and got an account illegally. IMO, IDC if one breaks the law for Minecraft.

I stand behind my statements and the way I worded them. Things I had explicitly stated in the first post had gone ignored, and I felt this wasn't getting through to my fellow user. 

6 minutes ago, adithyay328 said:

DUDE THAT IS SO LEGAL. Buying an account off of someone who doesn't want it is the best way. As well, cudos to Nonamer for staying on this thread. 

I was being sarcastic. That was in response to @ReBorn110103's reply. I thought that people wouldn't catch on, which is why I edited in 'It doesn't sound like it is' mere seconds after posting my reply. 

It's the first thing in the Minecraft EULA- https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

4 minutes ago, NoNamer12345 said:

Its legal, but it is also possible that someone tricks you and gets away with the money (Not being sarcastic). And, why don't you ask your friend to let you use his account? After all, That's what friends are for! To help other friends!

... No, that isn't legal. Not at all. It blatantly violates the first part of their EULA.

https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula

I'm no longer in touch with this friend, and it occurs to me now that he probably pirated the game.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

Just now, Aereldor said:

... No, that isn't legal. Not at all. It blatantly violates the first part of their EULA.

https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I stand behind my statements and the way I worded them. Things I had explicitly stated in the first post had gone ignored, and I felt this wasn't getting through to my fellow user. 

I was being sarcastic. That was in response to @ReBorn110103's reply. I thought that people wouldn't catch on, which is why I edited in 'It doesn't sound like it is' mere seconds after posting my reply. 

It's the first thing in the Minecraft EULA- https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula

Ok, well then the MC homepage and retail pages run by them are the only legal places. So, sorry, but the price is the price. Unless you can find a way to get it off of them for cheaper. I would just break the EULA, but whatever, you are a very careful one(unlike me). LOL

4 minutes ago, adithyay328 said:

Ok, well then the MC homepage and retail pages run by them are the only legal places. So, sorry, but the price is the price. Unless you can find a way to get it off of them for cheaper. I would just break the EULA, but whatever, you are a very careful one(unlike me). LOL

It's more about abiding by the rules set by creators and paying them to use their product. I've often given up on finding application, operating system, or video game authentication keys for cheap, and have been proven wrong here. For instance, I was introduced to Steam's INR pricing, Kinguin for cheap OEM windows keys, and older applications that were now free, albeit without legacy support, like Adobe Photoshop CS2 and the Tracktion 4 DAW.

I posted this thread in the hope that I'd be proven wrong once again. At any rate, perhaps I'll wait until I can split the cost with another interested party I trust so we can share an account. I'm only interested in the single player component anyway, and the only time I'd consider playing multiplayer is over the Local Network with one or two other people.

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

It's more about abiding by the rules set by creators and paying them to use their product. I've often given up on finding application, operating system, or video game authentication keys for cheap, and have been proven wrong here. For instance, I was introduced to Steam's INR pricing, Kinguin for cheap OEM windows keys, and older applications that were now free, albeit without legacy support, like Adobe Photoshop CS2 and the Tracktion 4 DAW.

I posted this thread in the hope that I'd be proven wrong once again. At any rate, perhaps I'll wait until I can split the cost with another interested party I trust so we can share an account. I'm only interested in the single player component anyway, and the only time I'd consider playing multiplayer is over the Local Network with one or two other people.

M8, I have MC, just saying, single player gets pretty boring without modding the game. But, I think modding breaks the EULA, so yeah. Me and my bro have an MC server with like 10 mods on it, and it's hella fun.

14 hours ago, NoNamer12345 said:

-snip-

You can't promote piracy on this forum, is against the CoC!

Also, it's legal to use torrents and torrent clients, as long as you aren't downlading copyright protected content. There is actually legitimate content for download on the torrent form (P2P downloads), OS are an example, Some programs like the Uningine Heaven benchmark are downloaded through torrents. In fact there are thousands of files that are completely legal to torrent! http://archive.org/details/bittorrent has a huge list of legal torrents, there are also many more websites like this. 

6 minutes ago, adithyay328 said:

M8, I have MC, just saying, single player gets pretty boring without modding the game. But, I think modding breaks the EULA, so yeah. Me and my bro have an MC server with like 10 mods on it, and it's hella fun.

No offense, but that doesn't really matter to me. However, modding is allowed in the EULA (https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula)

If you've bought the Game, you may play around with it and modify it by adding modifications, tools, or plugins, which we will refer to collectively as "Mods." By "Mods," we mean something original that you or someone else created that doesn't contain a substantial part of our copyrightable code or content. When you combine your Mod with the Minecraft software, we will call that combination a "Modded Version" of the Game. We have the final say on what constitutes a Mod and what doesn't. You may not distribute any Modded Versions of our Game or software, and we'd appreciate it if you didn't use Mods for griefing. Basically, Mods are okay to distribute; hacked versions or Modded Versions of the Game client or server software are not okay to distribute.

I think Minecraft is fun with and without mods; an example of how different people can find different things fun.

13 hours ago, Aereldor said:

-snip-

It's legal, as the user isn't redistributing the copyrighted material, just using it on an easier manner. Nintendo will complain anyway! They probably even don't like us talking about it :P 

I'm studying Informatic System Engineering (I think that would be the correct translation), it's a 6 year long career, I have about 2 years more to go. Tomorrow I have a final exam on how to handle the calls that need to be made on the development of a software project, I've been studying pretty much all the week for it, I want to be done and play videogames until it's 2017.

12 minutes ago, ForsakenLive said:

It's legal, as the user isn't redistributing the copyrighted material, just using it on an easier manner. Nintendo will complain anyway! They probably even don't like us talking about it :P 

I'm studying Informatic System Engineering (I think that would be the correct translation), it's a 6 year long career, I have about 2 years more to go. Tomorrow I have a final exam on how to handle the calls that need to be made on the development of a software project, I've been studying pretty much all the week for it, I want to be done and play videogames until it's 2017.

They will, but I don't typically talk about using a USB loader here anyway. 

Darn, that sounds both fun and seriously intimidating all at once. I admire your commitment. Study hard, and good luck! 

I've also got a bunch of commitments for next month- audition recordings specifically (I'm a musician). However, if you'd be down to play a few games together, I'd be happy to join in.

Account sharing is also against EULA rules so splitting the cost with someone else is just as bad as buying another account. Just a heads up as you seem hell bent to be straight laced with this.

Direct excerpt from the EULA stating what I mentioned above:

When you buy our Game, you receive a license that gives you permission to install the Game on your own personal device and use and play it on that device as set out in this EULA. This permission is personal to you, so you are not allowed to distribute the Game (or any part of it) to anyone else. This also means you cannot sell or rent the Game, or make it available for access to other people

1 minute ago, Kithkannin said:

Account sharing is also against EULA rules so splitting the cost with someone else is just as bad as buying another account. Just a heads up as you seem hell bent to be straight laced with this.

How about if I split the cost with a roommate and we only played multiplayed via LAN? Or is installing the game on multiple devices a breach of the EULA too?

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

How about if I split the cost with a roommate and we only played multiplayed via LAN? Or is installing the game on multiple devices a breach of the EULA too?

As long as you have the info saved on the devices and he does not have the account password then it is a loophole for the making available for others to use as you are not sharing the "key" to the license so to speak. In all honesty I would very much point out that if you bought the game (even through g2a which is only a few bucks cheaper usually) you are well ahead of the vast majority of minecraft players using pirated copies. I do not pirate myself though I do buy from g2a (codes not accounts, but that is just my paranoia about such things) so far I've never received anything stolen from them.

Hope you get to play Minecraft again soon!

30 minutes ago, Kithkannin said:

As long as you have the info saved on the devices and he does not have the account password then it is a loophole for the making available for others to use as you are not sharing the "key" to the license so to speak. In all honesty I would very much point out that if you bought the game (even through g2a which is only a few bucks cheaper usually) you are well ahead of the vast majority of minecraft players using pirated copies. I do not pirate myself though I do buy from g2a (codes not accounts, but that is just my paranoia about such things) so far I've never received anything stolen from them.

Hope you get to play Minecraft again soon!

That's what I'd like to do. Now I must get a roommate.

I hope so too. I just bought the soundtrack on iTunes and it's taking me back. 

3 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Minecraft can run on basically anything. That's common knowledge.

3 hours ago, NoNamer12345 said:

Edit: Minecraft can't run on every PC ever.

Technically speaking, Minecraft can run on a Parking Meter, since a lot of those also run on Java. Whether it crashes or not will depend on the resources allocated to said parking meter, since I don't know of any parking meters with at least 2-4GB of RAM, but it will indeed still run.

@Aereldor I bought Minecraft back in Fall 2010 or 2011 when it still sold for about $13.72 CAD and would absolutely buy every and all DLC if such content existed for the game. That how much value I feel it has provided to me over the years. In fact, I feel that it's provided more value to me than literally ANY OTHER GAME I've ever purchased, and even more value to me than Team Fortress 2, and that game is free. What I'm saying is if you plan on getting a lot of use out of the game, the list price of ~$30 (give or take) is absolutely worth it.

I'd actually go as far to say Minecraft should be priced at $119 CAD and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare should be sold for ~$30 since you've got infinitely more replay value in Minecraft. (heh, infinitely more value, see what I did there?) Then again, I might just hate every CoD after MW2 so... bias!

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

Technically speaking, Minecraft can run on a Parking Meter, since a lot of those also run on Java. Whether it crashes or not will depend on the resources allocated to said parking meter, since I don't know of any parking meters with at least 2-4GB of RAM, but it will indeed still run.

@Aereldor I bought Minecraft back in Fall 2010 or 2011 when it still sold for about $13.72 CAD and would absolutely buy every and all DLC if such content existed for the game. That how much value I feel it has provided to me over the years. In fact, I feel that it's provided more value to me than literally ANY OTHER GAME I've ever purchased, and even more value to me than Team Fortress 2, and that game is free. What I'm saying is if you plan on getting a lot of use out of the game, the list price of ~$30 (give or take) is absolutely worth it.

I'd actually go as far to say Minecraft should be priced at $119 CAD and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare should be sold for ~$30 since you've got infinitely more replay value in Minecraft. (heh, infinitely more value, see what I did there?) Then again, I might just hate every CoD after MW2 so... bias!

I agree that Minecraft has a wealth of content, but a lot of it is player-created. Furthermore, I agree that the price is cheap to someone in the US, but I started this thread with an explanation of why I've spent $2.5 per game on average- subsidized pricing for the Indian market. A pricetag of $27 makes it three times as expensive as the most expensive game I've bought (Tales from the Borderlands at $9). 

However, I think it might be worth owning a game I like so much. Maybe I will try to split the cost with a friend or a roommate. Hell, maybe a sibling wants to play.

51 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I agree that Minecraft has a wealth of content, but a lot of it is player-created. Furthermore, I agree that the price is cheap to someone in the US, but I started this thread with an explanation of why I've spent $2.5 per game on average- subsidized pricing for the Indian market. A pricetag of $27 makes it three times as expensive as the most expensive game I've bought (Tales from the Borderlands at $9). 

Fair point - I never did consider the pricing exchanges that occur between different countries and was only merely stating how much value one gets from Minecraft. If you can indeed save some money by buying the game legitimately elsewhere, then by all means, do it! :D 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)