AMD Ryzen benchmarks against 7700K and 6900K

cozz
27 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Nope. It's organized the same way a Hadoop cluster is, only it dynamically encrypts traffic AND does the analytics via the interconnect instead of by bogging down the CPUs. 4 Intel Stratix Xs running 20x10Gbit switches. 40TFlops SP/20DP and a mostly in-memory database. It's a beautiful piece of art.

Cool, thought it would be nicer than the typical old way. The NetScaler example I gave is the way I don't like to have to do it, something we are literally doing right now with the new student management system we are putting in. Perfect example of archaic software that is still allowed to exist for no good reason, luckily I'm not directly involved in that project.

For us we don't need anything has high performance as what you just described, we may be a university but we only need that type of performance for our research compute clusters (which obviously have much more than that). All our corporate line of business applications are just VMs that sit on our VMware fleet of about 65 2x E5-2699V4 hosts.

I think I'll wait to see more before I say anything.

*still has hope*

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |