How much speed can a 343Mbps modem handle in reality

plasticplanet

I have a SB6141 modem, and upgraded to a 155mbps Interent. I want to ask people with same modem capability , what speed are you getting?

Its a DOCSIS3 modem, so it is capable of enough channels up to approx 350Mbit/s.

The routing wouldn't be handled by the modem, you need a router capable of switching WAN to LAN traffic at 350Mbit/s+

If you simply plug the modem directly in to your PC, then its as fast as the amount of DOCSIS 3 channels you have up and available to you.  In your case, 155Mbit/s.

Remember, its a modem not a router... they don't really do much :)

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

17 hours ago, plasticplanet said:

I have a SB6141 modem, and upgraded to a 155mbps Interent. I want to ask people with same modem capability , what speed are you getting?

It's not modem 'speed' that matters, it's about how many channels it has. Depending on the isp, some push more bandwidth through less channels than others. So that modem in particular I think is a 16/4 channel modem. If they were like my ISP (TWC), then they use a lot of channels to push the same bandwidth than other ISPs. It's kind of hard to explain though...

My native language is C++

19 hours ago, plasticplanet said:

damn nice speed you got there. I'm still stuck at 12.85mbps down and 0.8mbps up QQ. haiz why is life that unfair.

Live your life like a dream.

14 hours ago, Joshua Ondangan said:

damn nice speed you got there. I'm still stuck at 12.85mbps down and 0.8mbps up QQ. haiz why is life that unfair.

I rarely use my maximum bandwidth.