AMD GPU Updates Help!

My system is now suddenly becoming very slow when i load any game at all, even the most basic game possible, I have heard rumours about an AMD driver update which could be the fault, is this true, or just as I said, a rumour, I have tried to reinstall drivers, in fact, the only thing i haven't done is reload windows, but I don't want to do that unless it's absolutely necessary. If it helps, I'm currently rocking a RX480 8GB with an i5 3570k. Oh as a side note, I did have the wattman error appear before a driver reload, which i what lead me to believe it was an update.

19 minutes ago, Spike199421 said:

My system is now suddenly becoming very slow when i load any game at all, even the most basic game possible, I have heard rumours about an AMD driver update which could be the fault, is this true, or just as I said, a rumour, I have tried to reinstall drivers, in fact, the only thing i haven't done is reload windows, but I don't want to do that unless it's absolutely necessary. If it helps, I'm currently rocking a RX480 8GB with an i5 3570k. Oh as a side note, I did have the wattman error appear before a driver reload, which i what lead me to believe it was an update.

I had the same thing to fix I sadly had to factory reset my pc. Maybe you can find another way.

I get a Wattman error every so often and I haven't even touched it. It's randomly in the Window notification center every so often. I'd use that DDU tool and then reinstall drivers.

1 minute ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

I get a Wattman error every so often and I haven't even touched it. It's randomly in the notification center every so often. I'd use that DDU tool and then reinstall drivers.

I've heard a lot people talk about a DDU, but sadly thats all i know of it

1 minute ago, Spike199421 said:

Ah i found it, its sounding like my worst nightmare, a complete factory reset

2 minutes ago, Spike199421 said:

It removes your current drivers throurougly. It seems to be very recommended on this site. I used it 2 weekends ago when I upgraded a friends GPU. Worked as advertised.

DDU

4 minutes ago, Spike199421 said:

It's idiot proof. Just install it, use it, and install the latest drivers from the AMD website.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

It removes your current drivers throurougly. It seems to be very recommended on this site. I used it 2 weekends ago when I upgraded a friends GPU. Worked as advertised.

DDU

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

It's idiot proof. Just install it, use it, and install the latest drivers from the AMD website.

thanks guys i'll give it whirl, what could possibly go wrong......

25 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

I hope not! Fingers crossed that DDU helps you.

Thank you very very very very much guys, you won't believe the improvement, in my system, THAT'S NUTS!