Static Electricity in case, need help determining where it is coming from.

RideToHellBestGame2013

I have a EVGA 750w G2 in an Enthoo Evolv TG, I have noticed that sometimes when I touch the case there is some static electricity that zaps me. Someone in an earlier thread of mine posted that maybe it was because of a faulty power supply not being properly grounded. I currently have a rather crappy plug adapter from type B to type G. How can I test whether it's the power supply and will leaving the things the way it is with static pose a situation where I fry my PC?

well the crappy adapter probably is your problem. the way to measure this is by measuring resistance with a multimeter, but i don´t think you got access to tools like that. try using your psu on a properly grounded socket and see if the problem presists, thats the easiest way to test. no adapters no nothing, directly earthed on a socket you know that works. how many prongs has the adapter at the end you put in the wall? if its 2 than it just doesn't earth and that's your problem.

there's literally nothing else than the power supply that can do this.

that said, put your pc in a grounded outlet.

1 minute ago, tlink said:

well the crappy adapter probably is your problem. the way to measure this is by measuring resistance with a multimeter, but i don´t think you got access to tools like that. try using your psu on a properly grounded socket and see if the problem presists, thats the easiest way to test. no adapters no nothing, directly earthed on a socket you know that works.

Would buying a 'better' adapter in that sense work? Singapore only has Type G sockets, no type B unless I rewire.

2 minutes ago, RideToHellBestGame2013 said:

Would buying a 'better' adapter in that sense work? Singapore only has Type G sockets, no type B unless I rewire.

you're better of buying a new power cord with the proper plug, its probably just as expensive as a good adapter. but yes a really good adapter with the appropriate certificates should work.

4 minutes ago, tlink said:

you're better of buying a new power cord with the proper plug, its probably just as expensive as a good adapter. but yes a really good adapter with the appropriate certificates should work.

Ok thanks, I'll go to the stores looking for a power cord or worse case I'll look for a double plug adapter

1 minute ago, RideToHellBestGame2013 said:

Ok thanks, I'll go to the stores looking for a power cord or worse case I'll look for a double plug adapter

just make sure it has the earthed prong and not just 2 pins for power. they should all have metal contacts.