Reading ELUA pays off in $1000!

IdeaStormer

So no one reads the EULA in software, well guess someone does as they came off with a $1000 bounty/easter egg in reading the EULA of PC Pitstop.

EULA_fullyc_002.jpg

Now everyone is out reading EULA's :lol:  there could be a bounty out there for some lucky sucker B)  Maybe they'll have one with a schnizle clause?

Ref: http://fullyc.com/this-software-company-buried-a-1000-prize-deep-in-its-terms-of-service-to-see-if-anyone-actually-read-them-take-a-guess-how-long-it-took-for-someone-to-catch-it/

PS: Do not install that software, its one of the biggest tracking/troll apps out there.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

First off, it's EULA*

Second, ToC/ EULAs are not considered legally binding contracts in my country, in fact they are not even considered to have any purpouse what so ever, this is why I completely ignore them. Also because it is an asinine concept.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Never have, never will. Besides, who has time to read a 50,000 word long EULA anyway?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

First off, it's EULA*

Second, ToC/ EULAs are not considered legally binding contracts in my country, in fact they are not even considered to have any purpouse what so ever, this is why I completely ignore them. Also because it is an asinine concept.

You consider contracts to be an asinine concept? Or is there something in particular that differentiates EULAs and the like from contracts on paper (other than your country's laws).

You consider contracts to be an asinine concept? Or is there something in particular that differentiates EULAs and the like from contracts on paper (other than your country's laws).

The law prohibits the provider of a product or service to sign off any of the buyer's rights or to take provisions against certain responsibilities that the law requires from any such business. For example, you can not constrain the buyer's return policy lower than the legal minimum (6 months for physical goods if faulty when bought online, 12 months if broken in some way that isn't user negligence) - all you can do is extend upon that. IE, it's in most cases impossible to lower the buyer's minimum rights, only to extend it. So the only parts of most EULAs that are applicable under the law here are those that gives the user more rights than the consumer laws already guarantee.

So to answer your question, I do not consider contracts an asinine concept, but I consider most EULAs to be as they are more often than not illegal contracts.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The law prohibits the provider of a product or service to sign off any of the buyer's rights or to take provisions against certain responsibilities that the law requires from any such business. For example, you can not constrain the buyer's return policy lower than the legal minimum (6 months for physical goods if faulty when bought online, 12 months if broken in some way that isn't user negligence) - all you can do is extend upon that. IE, it's in most cases impossible to lower the buyer's minimum rights, only to extend it. So the only parts of most EULAs that are applicable under the law here are those that gives the user more rights than the consumer laws already guarantee.

So to answer your question, I do not consider contracts an asinine concept, but I consider most EULAs to be as they are more often than not illegal contracts.

Thanks for the explanation, it definitely makes sense when you think about it that way. After careful consideration, I would say that the most fair way to form contracts is that rights can only be waived by the WRITER of a contract, in which case they would clearly have an understanding of what they are actually doing. If people actually read what they're agreeing to the problem wouldn't really matter to me either way, but with how ridiculous most contracts are these days I would also say that's a pretty unreasonable expectation...

First off, it's EULA*

Typo's :(

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I am having trouble finding the case, but I am sure I remember a case here in Aus. were the EULA was considered by the court to be unnecessarily long and it was unreasonable for a domestic consumer to be required to read and understand a legal document of that nature when current copyright laws were suitable. I think it also went on about not have the right to impose a legal contract upon a customer after the sale had taken place.   Consequently the case was thrown out of court.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.