Need to make a switching circuit than can reset

goodtofufriday

Having a bit of trouble with how to build this circuit. I need to have a input switch to a second output for a literal second and then switch back. The source (if using a mux) would be 5v. Problem is that the 5v is constantly applied and there is no way around that.

Im not sure how to get it to switch back.

Any help is appreciated.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

555 circuit?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

It sounds like you're needing an automatic electrical switch?  Creating a logic diagram for this seems pretty easy, but not sure what your overall goal is?

What it is sounding like, is that your primary input comes on, and moves to the primary output.  You want the secondary input to be 'momentary', as it's output drives a temporary function at primary initialization.  However, the secondary input is somehow tied to the constant primary input or output, leaving the voltage on continuously when it should be momentary.  Is this sounding correct?

2 minutes ago, Doramius said:

It sounds like you're needing an automatic electrical switch?  Creating a logic diagram for this seems pretty easy, but not sure what your overall goal is?

What it is sounding like, is that your primary input comes on, and moves to the primary output.  You want the secondary input to be 'momentary', as it's output drives a temporary function at primary initialization.  However, the secondary input is somehow tied to the constant primary input or output, leaving the voltage on continuously when it should be momentary.  Is this sounding correct?

Thats exactly correct. To be more specific I have a data+ and a sense output. I need to cut data+ and switch it to sense for a second. then immediately reconnect data+. The equipment im working with ill disconnect if it doesnt get sense from d+, and will disconnect if d+ isnt reinitialized quickly enough. it wont respond at all if d+ is constant when connecting sense. 

5v+ is not required to be there. I just was linking in terms of a mux that needs a source. 

13 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

555 circuit?

Ill look further into it and see if that works. 

I was originally thinking a momentary switch might work, but you are needing it to be automatic.  Are you using gates or are you looking for a complete circuit in a chip?  Or just whichever is easy and/or cheap?  Working out the logic in gates shouldn't be too difficult.

Just now, Doramius said:

I was originally thinking a momentary switch might work, but you are needing it to be automatic.  Are you using gates or are you looking for a complete circuit in a chip?  Or just whichever is easy and/or cheap?  Working out the logic in gates shouldn't be too difficult.

anything that works that makes it automatic. I have a manual switch in place already but that was for testing. The end result will be internalized so it cant really be a manual switch. 

Just use a one bit multiplexer and a 555 timer set to switch to on for one second. The off state could be difficult to make. I need to know more about the circuit driving it.

Is what you want to do is watch for an input signal to come on, then put it to output A for 1 second and then switch to output B for the remainder of the time the input is on?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME