Problem flashing 6950 to a 6970 on a z77 board

adamkalnoki

HI

Recently i purchased a gigabyte z77x-ud3h motherboard and my his 6950 flashed whit a 6970 doesn't posts It work perfectly whit the original bios but i cant flashi it to a 6970 whit this board. It worked perfectly whit my old 990fx board Please help my out guys i dont know why it wont work on this zz77 board

Have you tried removing the 6970, flashing the bios with the integrated or old GPU, then putting the card back in?

Have you tried removing the 6970, flashing the bios with the integrated or old GPU, then putting the card back in?
Wait. I'm not familiar with GPU BIOS flashing, but if you are flashing a graphics card, don't you need to have it plugged in to the motherboard?

I thought we were talking about flashing the motherboard BIOS, not the GPU BIOS.

then, you are screwed. try to update the Motherboards firmware, and try again. if you already did that, go to the gpu on 6950 mode and flash it on the z77 board.

i found a good compromise i can unlocked the shaders but my gpu clock is limited to 840 mhz still colud be worst. I couldn't find a better solution i hope i will help someone whit this and thanks for all the help guys

post-1062-13667860831076_thumb.gif

try and unlock your gpu in another system, save the bios file, and put it back in yours.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.