Doctors Urge Parents to Limit Kids' Texts, Tweets, Time Online With New Policy

AustinTheIntern

completely agree.

People see how the internet affects people and assume the internet is to blame,and while it's true to an extent the much larger cause is that children these days are way to sensitive;they allow what another person thinks of them define who they are,they allow themselves to fall into a rut of follow the leader.And while it's all good and fun when the leader is on your side,or the leader is ignoring you,the moment the leader goes against you so does everyone else,and children these days are so sensitive to everything that they don't know how to ignore what people say and do,or they don't want to ignore it;they'd much rather conform to everyone else's standards,at the loss of themselves.

parents see the internet as a scapegoat for their bad parenting. done deal. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Did you read the article?

He knows this, he is quite a well educated man, He is simply saying that it can worsen these problems and that parents need to be aware of it.  If that is a bad thing then you clearly know nothing about the topic and are just defensive.

Pretty safe bet there in my opinion.

Did you read the article?

He said this:

Homework is the exception, He is specifically talking about facebook, entertainment, twitter etc.  Not about learning or education.

I only read the quote,because that is the focus.The article,TLDR.

Everytime I see an abbreviation for Too Long Didnt Read, I :lol:  inside at the irony 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

So you didn't read the actual article but you're happy to state this:

Well this Dr Victor is just trying to use typical problems that arise from many things to explain that one specific thing should be avoided.That is just moving the cause of the problem to somewhere else.Blocking the internet from children does not fix anything,instead it creates new problems.

Negative Media impact on children?So watching drama on a TV or going to a One Direction concert is better than watching a VSauce video?

Dr Victor,are you alright?

You accuse Dr. victor of saying a whole lot of stuff that he didn't even insinuate and then ask if he is alright!!

Before you try to insinuate that you know better than a doctor, and that they are somehow blind to reality, I suggest you at least try to understand what it is they are actually saying first.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I grew with the internet by my side, when I  first got my connection in 1999. And I was formed, taught and 'corrupted' by it, as I had a very lousy parenting.

Now I'm who I am thanks to it, and I don't regret it at all, and many of you can agree to this.
However this is not the same internet what molded us, it's different and changed, and while it got much safer and advanced, it also has grown large in issues.

I would not recommend new generations to step in this cyber world without moderation, good parenting, or a trustful guide.

Psychologist drive me nuts. lol

They try to pinpoint the cause of the chaos... and say it is internet, games, television, movies, books, or some other sensory media.

Those things impact or influence a person... but if the person knows the difference of right/wrong and is taught about consequences, they can make a good moral decision.   They can still choose to knowingly make the wrong decision, because everyone has a free will.  But I think it comes back to the guardian or parent teaching the children.

*and then there are children who grew up in abusive families and the children turned out to be angels.   I don't understand how it works. 

Psychologist drive me nuts. lol

They try to pinpoint the cause of the chaos... and say it is internet, games, television, movies, books, or some other sensory media.

Those things impact or influence a person... but if the person knows the difference of right/wrong and is taught about consequences, they can make a good moral decision.   They can still choose to knowingly make the wrong decision, because everyone has a free will.  But I think it comes back to the guardian or parent teaching the children.

*and then there are children who grew up in abusive families and the children turned out to be angels.   I don't understand how it works. 

Just a quick point: Psychiatrists not Psychologists. And he is not a Psychiatrist. He is a Pediatrician that specializes in Adolescence Medicine. The research that goes into these guidelines are exactly that...Guidelines. They are meant to exist as a reference to parents that are so inclined to seek advice on how to best promote the best child development in a tech heavy 21st century.

Remember, video stimulus rewires you whether you want to admit it or not. Now if this process should happen at such a young age or should be left till they get older, this is the question at hand.  

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

I use the internet to learn, right now I'm looking for information on quantam physics. Not all people use it for bad.

This article does not talk about the internet as being bad, but refers to parents being aware that excessive internet usage during development can be bad.  Just like sugar is not bad but excessive consumption can lead to Diabetes (as an example only I don't really know that but everyone tells me it does).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.