Put new gpu in prebuilt?

I have an Asus Cm6340 prebuilt pc and I really want to install an EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 ti SC. Will I be able to? 

Specs:

https://www.asus.com/ae-en/Tower-PCs/CM6340/specifications/

Latest Nvidia Drivers Installed BTW

Intel Core i5 3470 3.2GHz

Nvidia Geforce GT 620 2gb

10 gb ddr3 ram 

Please let me know asap if I will be able to upgrade. Thanks 

I did call NCIX and ask them. They said possibly.. Something to do with the bios?

Edited by Dosanjh.g

Yes. The nice thing about the 1050/ti is that you can install without the use of a extra power connector. It's about as plug and play as it gets. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Probably not with that power supply. It is only 350W and probably from a sketchy brand.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

I called NCIX and asked if I could and they said possibly. Something to do with the bios?

6 minutes ago, Dosanjh.g said:

I called NCIX and asked if I could and they said possibly. Something to do with the bios?

BIOS has nothing to do with it. Yes, you can replace the GT 620 with a GTX 1050 Ti and not miss a beat. Slapping a new GPU into an old, cheap prebuilt is a great way to get a decent console killer at a really sweet price :)

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, aisle9 said:

BIOS has nothing to do with it. Yes, you can replace the GT 620 with a GTX 1050 Ti and not miss a beat. Slapping a new GPU into an old, cheap prebuilt is a great way to get a decent console killer at a really sweet price :)

Apparently, Asus locks their bios with that specific card? Honestly, I have no idea, I just don't want to buy a card and not have it work :(

9 minutes ago, paps511 said:

Probably not with that power supply. It is only 350W and probably from a sketchy brand.

350W is more than the 1050ti's recommended wattage, and the PSU is either an A-45GA or Z-45FP, both of which are reasonable quality PSU's built by ASUS themselves so it should all work fine :)
Good thing you pointed it out tho - could've ended badly

2 minutes ago, Dosanjh.g said:

Apparently, Asus locks their bios with that specific card? Honestly, I have no idea, I just don't want to buy a card and not have it work :(

That's almost definitely not true in any way.
However, on the slightest chance that it is (Which it isn't), you will probably be able to return your card? Chat to the shop you're buying from about it.

Just now, Sydlexic Deity said:

That's almost definitely not true in any way.
However, on the slightest chance that it is (Which it isn't), you will probably be able to return your card? Chat to the shop you're buying from about it.

Even if it does work, will it conflict with anything?

Even if it does work, will it conflict with anything?

Nope.
Also, did some checking and there are a few stories out on the web with people using 1050ti's with the same or similar mobos and they have not reported any problems, so you should be pretty safe :)

EDIT: You may need to update drivers or whatever though

1 minute ago, Sydlexic Deity said:

Nope.
Also, did some checking and there are a few stories out on the web with people using 1050ti's with the same or similar mobos and they have not reported any problems, so you should be pretty safe :)

Thanks,

Also, are there any alternatives to the GTX 1050ti? (without external connector ofc)

5 minutes ago, Dosanjh.g said:

I have never heard of or seen that, and am willing to call BS on it here and now. Remember, they're salespeople. Their job is to sell you a $1,000 computer, not a $150 graphics card, so of course they're going to say things to try and get you to come on down to the store. They'll be more than happy to tell you about how the BIOS is locked to that exact graphics card, the OS is specially designed to only accept the amount of RAM that the system comes with, and the power supply is wired to explode if you try and replace it with a better one.

You are 100% fine with a GTX 1050 Ti in that system. Just make sure to use DDU to wipe your old drivers off completely before hooking the GTX 1050 Ti up to the motherboard and installing its drivers.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

I have never heard of or seen that, and am willing to call BS on it here and now. Remember, they're salespeople. Their job is to sell you a $1,000 computer, not a $150 graphics card, so of course they're going to say things to try and get you to come on down to the store. They'll be more than happy to tell you about how the BIOS is locked to that exact graphics card, the OS is specially designed to only accept the amount of RAM that the system comes with, and the power supply is wired to explode if you try and replace it with a better one.

You are 100% fine with a GTX 1050 Ti in that system. Just make sure to use DDU to wipe your old drivers off completely before hooking the GTX 1050 Ti up to the motherboard and installing its drivers.

Thanks for your reply!

One problem with that... I have no idea how to wipe old drivers.

1 minute ago, Dosanjh.g said:

Thanks,

Also, are there any alternatives to the GTX 1050ti? (without external connector ofc)

The GTX 1050 and RX 460, but both are lowered powered and won't perform as well.

Thanks,

Not really. You might possibly find a GTX 1060 that doesn't require it, but it will most likely be a cut-down version of the card.
I'd say a 1050ti would be your best bet at this point.

Just now, Dosanjh.g said:

Thanks for your reply!

One problem with that... I have no idea how to wipe old drivers.

Go to wagnardmobile.com and install DDU, then run the program, let it reboot your system into safe mode, select "Clean and shut down", then unplug your system and remove the GPU when it's finished. Put the new GPU in, hop straight on the interwebz and download GeForce Experience or use the drivers CD that comes with your card.

Just now, aisle9 said:

Go to wagnardmobile.com and install DDU, then run the program, let it reboot your system into safe mode, select "Clean and shut down", then unplug your system and remove the GPU when it's finished. Put the new GPU in, hop straight on the interwebz and download GeForce Experience or use the drivers CD that comes with your card.

Thank you so much!

Hope my i5 doesn't bottleneck it..

1 minute ago, Dosanjh.g said:

Thank you so much!

Hope my i5 doesn't bottleneck it..

Nah, it won't. You're good. :)

6 hours ago, aisle9 said:

I have personally seen it with a Dell XPS 8500, although a BIOS flash remedied the problem in this case. OEMs often lock down the BIOS so as not to recognize any but their own video cards in an attempt to hold a monopoly.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

16 hours ago, asand1 said:

I have personally seen it with a Dell XPS 8500, although a BIOS flash remedied the problem in this case. OEMs often lock down the BIOS so as not to recognize any but their own video cards in an attempt to hold a monopoly.

So will I not be able to upgrade? And if there is a lock how do you bypass it?

49 minutes ago, Dosanjh.g said:

So will I not be able to upgrade? And if there is a lock how do you bypass it?

You can probably upgrade just fine. If not, just return the card. I don't imagine Asus would play such shenanigans.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

2 minutes ago, asand1 said:

You can probably upgrade just fine. If not, just return the card.

17 hours ago, asand1 said:

What did you mean by BIOS flash?

5 minutes ago, Dosanjh.g said:

What did you mean by BIOS flash?

You can go to Asus and get an updated ROM to install a more recent motherboard BIOS with included support for newer hardware.

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;

1 minute ago, asand1 said:

You can go to Asus and get an updated ROM to install a more recent motherboard BIOS with included support for newer hardware.

Can you help me do that? I have literally no clue :(