M50x Vs HD598 Se

Paytend01
5 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I would trade my M50 to a pair of M40 if I could....

Haha yeah. I almost went with the M50X's, it was only the portability factor that changed my mind and I'm glad I stuck with these ones.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Just now, Dackzy said:

sorry a bit sick, so my head isn't the best right now. yeah I know about the HD 558 and the HD 598, there is this small difference in the mids, that most people won't hear and that is basically it

Yeah, sorry, I shouldn't have lost my cool- I just thought I'd been obvious enough and was frustrated that you omitted a large chunk of my post.

Are you sure about that? I was pretty certain they have identical drivers, and that the difference is in the headphone assembly and the parts used.

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Yeah, sorry, I shouldn't have lost my cool- I just thought I'd been obvious enough and was frustrated that you omitted a large chunk of my post.

Are you sure about that? I was pretty certain they have identical drivers, and that the difference is in the headphone assembly and the parts used.

the drivers are the same, a little piece of foam is what makes the difference and the difference is just in a very short frequency range in the mids.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

the drivers are the same, a little piece of foam is what makes the difference and the difference is just in a very short frequency range in the mids.

That's interesting, although I'm still not willing to count that as enough of a difference to pay twice the price. I'm guessing the foam driver cover can be removed and re-attached freely, just like any other pair of headphones.

I find it funny people recommend m50s at all

have a pair and they are garbage, rather buy nvx xp100 (fischer fa-003 clones) if need to be closed and need positional sound

3 hours ago, pas008 said:

I find it funny people recommend m50s at all

have a pair and they are garbage, rather buy nvx xp100 (fischer fa-003 clones) if need to be closed and need positional sound

plus much better comfort with the xp100.

Though I found they had too much clamp force.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

8 minutes ago, spwath said:

plus much better comfort with the xp100.

Though I found they had too much clamp force.

never noticed, actually sometimes forgot they were even on my head at times

Just now, pas008 said:

never noticed, actually sometimes forgot they were even on my head at times

That's what most say. I guess I'm sensitive to clamp. That's why I Like my t50RP's

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

3 hours ago, Kloaked said:

They're bad for gaming if you want to actually be immersed in the sound. Even then, there are other closed back options that would be better, like the Beyerdynamic DT770.

The M50X has a bias in bass and a slight boost to some highs. I've had a pair before. Changing it in EQ when you can get a headphone with the sound signature that you want is dumb imo.

So should i go for the dt770 or 598?

11 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

So should i go for the dt770 or 598?

DT770 will have more bass, but the 598 will have a wider sound stage.

9 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Ok but for like FPS games and afew others (as well as discord chat) what would be better?

9 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

8 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

Ok but for like FPS games and afew others (as well as discord chat) what would be better?

It's up to you. Do you want more bass or do you want more sound stage?

Sound stage = more overall immersion.

I know you know what more bass means. :P

Just now, Kloaked said:

It's up to you. Do you want more bass or do you want more sound stage?

Sound stage = more overall immersion.

I know you know what more bass means. :P

Nah fam 0 clue what bass is

Spoiler

Lol jk jk... Umm im not really sure tbh. Ill probably go with the dt770

1 minute ago, Paytend01 said:

Nah fam 0 clue what bass is

Hide contents

Lol jk jk... Umm im not really sure tbh. Ill probably go with the dt770

If you listen to a lot of EDM and stuff outside of games, you'll like them. @ThyFeared got some recently for that and loves them.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

If you listen to a lot of EDM and stuff outside of games, you'll like them. @ThyFeared got some recently for that and loves them.

I listen to calvin harris and dj snake sometimes and reallly like them so sweet :D

1 hour ago, Paytend01 said:

I listen to calvin harris and dj snake sometimes and reallly like them so sweet :D

DT770 is a wise choice if you're gonna listen to those songs....

Got one myself and love em. Sound stage is okay considering its a closed back headphone.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.