Why is Windows 10 so unresponsive on slow WiFi?

applesuxD
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

Internet speed has nothing to do with how well Windows performs, otherwise, wouldn't it not work at all if you're not connected to a network? :P

You're going to have to eliminate variables here. Try another Wi-Fi network. Try using Ethernet if you can. Update the network drivers, etc (bad network drivers are known to leak memory and if you haven't rebooted in a while, that will cause slow downs)

My PC basically has this thing where the desktop bar doesnt work, the windows dont open or crash, my start bar is also unresponsive, basically alot of stuff goes unresponsive on slow internet, but why? Is windows 10 dependent on internet? Thats super annoying for people with slow internet amirite

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

1 minute ago, applesuxD said:

My PC basically has this thing where the desktop bar doesnt work, the windows dont open or crash, my start bar is also unresponsive, basically alot of stuff goes unresponsive on slow internet, but why? Is windows 10 dependent on internet? Thats super annoying for people with slow internet amirite

You probably have either a failing storage device or you have a bad install of Windows.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Nah, I think that you have a driver problem. Probably the wireless/wired card drivers is consuming a lot of system resources for some reason. I would start looking at that first.

@applesuxD, what speeds are you running at? I recently upgraded from 1 Mb/s to 2 Mb/s plan and I feel this is fast AF.

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

I would run Powershell as admin and then run this command

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Nah, I think that you have a driver problem. Probably the wireless/wired card drivers is consuming a lot of system resources for some reason. I would start looking at that first.

Ok, could it be because im using my phone to tether? im using it to tether WiFi because i had this thing where i set my WiFi to slow down for certain PC's by Midnight for family control reasons (sleep early yo), now i dont wanna change it for myself and it seems to be going all fuzzy when i use my phone as WiFi reciever, could it be my phone? But Chrome and all else works so fine, right now, skype call is having issues picking up voices with full of stuttering, and i can post on this forum without a single issue, smooth and fast... @_@

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Internet speed has nothing to do with how well Windows performs, otherwise, wouldn't it not work at all if you're not connected to a network? :P

You're going to have to eliminate variables here. Try another Wi-Fi network. Try using Ethernet if you can. Update the network drivers, etc (bad network drivers are known to leak memory and if you haven't rebooted in a while, that will cause slow downs)