Store audio?

DutchTexan

Can someone make some recommendations for a simple speaker system that can be configured with 4-7 channels? They need to be small, wireless and easy to mount. I don't want or need to spend money on a subwoofer. The source input has to be a 3.5mm headphone jack. Also, they don't need to be high quality drivers. I was thinking ~$20usd per speaker. 

I am having trouble finding a cheap system or a reciver and speakers. 

The store is almost 1,500 square feet. I just want to play some very soft classic or calming music for my customers.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

There's no way in hell you're going to get this:

3 hours ago, DutchTexan said:

They need to be small, wireless and easy to mount.

with this:

3 hours ago, DutchTexan said:

~$20usd per speaker. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

3 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

There's no way in hell you're going to get this:

with this:

I'm just going to buy like 6 of these and play playlists from YouTube via bluetooth through the pc in the office.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-SoundPal-Cube-F1-Compatible/dp/B00V6QDTD2/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_10?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Z8RK3RRPBC57MDE6AYE4

There aren't restrictions on how many bluetooth speakers I can pair to single PC, right?

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

6 hours ago, DutchTexan said:

I'm just going to buy like 6 of these and play playlists from YouTube via bluetooth through the pc in the office.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-SoundPal-Cube-F1-Compatible/dp/B00V6QDTD2/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_10?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Z8RK3RRPBC57MDE6AYE4

There aren't restrictions on how many bluetooth speakers I can pair to single PC, right?

There absolutely are.

Normally you can only pair one bluetooth device with one other (e.g. one speaker to one phone). There are some speakers that have a "share me" (or some such goofy name) that will allow you to piggyback the bluetooth signal, but those speakers are generally pretty few and far between, and you're going to be looking at more expensive options. 

Honestly, I don't understand why you wouldn't just buy some cheap passive speakers, and run actual wires to them. It's a much better solution.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

2 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

There absolutely are.

Normally you can only pair one bluetooth device with one other (e.g. one speaker to one phone). There are some speakers that have a "share me" (or some such goofy name) that will allow you to piggyback the bluetooth signal, but those speakers are generally pretty few and far between, and you're going to be looking at more expensive options. 

Honestly, I don't understand why you wouldn't just buy some cheap passive speakers, and run actual wires to them. It's a much better solution.

I agree with this

does the store have a suspended ceiling or basement?

8 hours ago, pas008 said:

I agree with this

does the store have a suspended ceiling or basement?

10 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

There absolutely are.

Yes there is a suspended ceiling. I had to wire a cable all the way across the ceiling of the shop and out the drywall for my modem/router combo.

Can you link me some speakers that you are talking about? I keep finding full on surround sound systems, I don't know what to search for. I just chose those $20 bluetooth ones becasue it seemed inexpensive and simple enough to get going, but now I see Bluetooth won't work out with more than 1 speaker. I basically want an elevator music set up kind of deal; cheap, soft background noise, but with very long YouTube playlists as the source. 

I will be playing something like this at very low volumes: https://youtu.be/tD4Ji-DTEo8

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

One Chromecast Audio per speaker might work if wireless is super important? 

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

20 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

There absolutely are.

if he were to do that and use a regular stereo amp, he would need to be careful with wiring, to keep impedance the same/close. So wire some in parallel, some in series.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The way to go would be a 70v speaker system, but that isn't very cost effective for a small space like that. I would just do what @spwath said.

`

12 hours ago, spwath said:

if he were to do that and use a regular stereo amp, he would need to be careful with wiring, to keep impedance the same/close. So wire some in parallel, some in series.

I mean, it would just be half and half. Series doubles impedance and parallel halves it, right?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

3 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I mean, it would just be half and half. Series doubles impedance and parallel halves it, right?

yeah, should be. He would just have to remember to do that or either -his amp will eventually blow up, or his speakers will be really quiet, depending on what he did.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

10 minutes ago, spwath said:

yeah, should be. He would just have to remember to do that or either -his amp will eventually blow up, or his speakers will be really quiet, depending on what he did.

Yeah. Really, the issue is that there's no good way to do what OP wants to do for the amount of money that OP is willing to put into it.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

3 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Yeah. Really, the issue is that there's no good way to do what OP wants to do for the amount of money that OP is willing to put into it.

So there is no simple way to play music throughout a small shop?

Could you link me to some of the speakers you have been talking about on Amazon?

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X