Which cooler should I pick?

CookiezFort

I would like to get a cpu cooler for christmas and I have been thinking of multiple different ones.

Some information which may come useful: I go to lan parties with my friends like 2-3 times a year so it gets transported around a bit. Also preferably it should not look terrible (main reason I dont like the NH-D14)

The contestants are:

Arctic liquid freezer 240 (cheapest liquid cooler from the ones I'll list)

Corsair H100i V2

Fractal Design kelvin S24

Be quiet dark rock 3 (not pro as I've heard it wont fit on my S340)

Noctua NH-D14 (ugly, and the D15 doesnt fit apparently)

Any other options I can consider aswell.

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

If you really don't like the Noctua look (Nocuta would be my pick though), then I would get the Dark Rock 3. I prefer air over water and would always go that route unless you have a crazy over the top high TDP CPU.....or you have money to burn. ;-) 

The air-coolers are also very quiet and have only one point of failure, which is the fan. And if you put two on the tower, nothing will every really go wrong.

If you however really want an AIO, then don't cheap out, but get a quality one. You would be very disappointed by the noise output of cheap AIOs. Actually the BeQuiet AIOs are supposed to be extremely quiet, due to their weird but genius pump design.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

3 minutes ago, mapegl said:

My CPU is an i5-4690k so its not really high TDP at all so I will probably go for the dark rock 3. my problem is when I need to transport my pc it might be too heavy, albeit the roads between houses are pretty smooth.

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

7 hours ago, CookiezFort said:

My CPU is an i5-4690k so its not really high TDP at all so I will probably go for the dark rock 3. my problem is when I need to transport my pc it might be too heavy, albeit the roads between houses are pretty smooth.

I have moved my PC so many times and I have had the Novtua NH-U12P SE2 (so a heavy cooler with two fans on it) for so long and never had any issues. BeQuiet and Noctua both are high quality manufacturers and if there is a reasonable backplate then there is nothing to worry about. I would worry more about a liquid-cooler leaking when moved a lot, but that is just me. I mean there are also tons of people who do just that and are fine.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Corsair H100i V2  is one of the decent WC present. I would say go with  Corsair H100i V2

where are you shopping/located? Budget?

What cpu and ram do you have?

The NH-D15 is only 160mm tall and fits in the S340 with the fans lowered. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 12/4/2016 at 10:43 PM, WoodenMarker said:

where are you shopping/located? Budget?

What cpu and ram do you have?

The NH-D15 is only 160mm tall and fits in the S340 with the fans lowered. 

Sorry for the late reply.

I am the UK shopping through Amazon. Budget is around £70.

Cpu is a 4690k, ram is corsair vengeance LP ram.

I've decided to go with the Dark Rock 3 just because it looks better, and performs quite well.

My PC:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, CookiezFort said:

Sorry for the late reply.

I am the UK shopping through Amazon. Budget is around £70.

Cpu is a 4690k, ram is corsair vengeance LP ram.

I've decided to go with the Dark Rock 3 just because it looks better, and performs quite well.

You might want to consider the Kotetsu which performs similarly but is much cheaper in that case: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/7998TW/scythe-cpu-cooler-scktt1000

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.