GTX 1070 fans not spinning up

CaptainSeals

I am putting the finishing touches on my new computer build, and I noticed that both my GTX 1070's (SLI) fans are not spinning when I start up the computer. I have a corsair RM 1000W power supply, so I know that I have a sufficient amount of power. What is causing the cards to do this?

What manufacturer are these cards from and do they spin up under intensive load because what i am hearing is probably the cards not utilizing the fans when they don't need them

2 minutes ago, CaptainSeals said:

I am putting the finishing touches on my new computer build, and I noticed that both my GTX 1070's (SLI) fans are not spinning when I start up the computer. I have a corsair RM 1000W power supply, so I know that I have a sufficient amount of power. What is causing the cards to do this?

is there any lights on your motherboard indicating that they are not working?  go into the bios to make sure they are being read.  if they are then you dont have any issues they will turn on when they go underload

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

1 minute ago, Ion4545 said:

What manufacturer are these cards from and do they spin up under intensive load because what i am hearing is probably the cards not utilizing the fans when they don't need them

I literally am still building the PC so I do not know about the load but they are EVGA Superclocked.

The fan doesn't spin until the card actually gets hot enough to need to be cooled. Download a program like MSI afterburner or GPU Tweak II to see the fan speeds and edit them. You could also try playing a game to see if they heat up enoug to start spinning.

6 minutes ago, CaptainSeals said:

I literally am still building the PC so I do not know about the load but they are EVGA Superclocked.

There's no way multiple GPUs from the same brand would both have fans that don't work, especially EVGA. The fans aren't spinning because they aren't being used enough to require cooling. 

I ask why they arent spinning because I plug in the monitor and there is no signal output. I know everything is getting power because the computer starts up no problem but there is no actual output from the cards.

1 minute ago, CaptainSeals said:

I ask why they arent spinning because I plug in the monitor and there is no signal output. I know everything is getting power because the computer starts up no problem but there is no actual output from the cards.

Is the build done?

1 minute ago, CaptainSeals said:

How about plugging to mobo?

4 minutes ago, CaptainSeals said:

Did you plug the cable into the top card? Also, is your monitor on the mode of the cable it's recieving? By that I mean is the monitor on the HDMI setting if your using a HDMI cable, VGA setting if you're using VGA etc.

6 minutes ago, Ion4545 said:

Is the build done?

Still working on it trying to get it to post.

are the cards in sli and are the cables coming from the cards only coming from the top?

Right now I only have one card in trying to get the machine to post. 

3 minutes ago, Ion4545 said:

what happens when you turn the power on?

This is the current situation.

Photo on 12-3-16 at 10.00 PM.jpg

Just now, Ion4545 said:

so its working? or is there no image when it posts?

There is nothing being displayed on screen. So yes there is no image.

2 minutes ago, Ion4545 said:

can you try a different pcie slot and tell me what happens?

No change at all

Just now, Ion4545 said:

what input is the monitor set to?

The monitor is set to HDMI which is what you we are using for output, but also I have tried a DVI and it didnt work.

Just now, alphaproject said:

Hmmm.... That bites. Both cards won't post?  Maybe a mobo issue then.

lets calm down i just dont wanna rule out one of the mistakes of "oh shit that was a dumb thing to not do"

Yea....maybe a bios issue..... I highly doubt 2 cards wouldn't post though. Curious to see this get solved though.